Thursday, September 12, 2013

Preschool Picture Day!

Today was picture day at Raya's school. I always buy the *smallest* package available (this time I think that was a 3x5 and 4 wallets for $9 or something haha) because let's face it....school pictures are bad, or at the very least super corny, in 95% of cases ;-) But I just can't forgo the pics altogether because it seems like a rite of passage to have a collection of embarrassing school pictures to display at your high school graduation party, right? hehe

So today I had Raya practice her best school picture smile for me....I can't wait to see what she came up with at school today! (She told me "I smiled the first time, because if you didn't smile then they made you take the picture again.....and that would have been really boring" )



I'm pretty happy with this smile, especially considering *this* was her school picture last year haha



^^A weird chipmunk smile of some kind! ;-)

Of course after our smile practice this morning, Miss Brielle said "I do school pictures too Mama!!!!" so I had to let her pose for her "school picture" as well.

All I can say is THANK GOODNESS we have another year to perfect her school picture smile. Because honestly, this look is frightening!!!

6 comments:

  1. cute. always buy the smallest package too. Kaylee's school picture last year actually turned out really cute. I'm hoping that this year we get another good one. I'm glad Keira has another year too, cause she is in that weird smiling stage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. School pictures are always the craziest. And expensive. And I can never not get them either. And then add sports pics into the mix, oy! And of course each grandparent must have one - and G's parents are divorced. And G likes to display pics on his work desk. So yeah, $40 a kid later!

    ReplyDelete
  3. School pictures are crazy expensive! Emma has her pictures on Monday, and I was looking at the sheet for them today. The smallest package is about $30.00. Crazy! But we always buy because even though they are akward, we have to have something to remember! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's going to be hard to compete with your pics!!!!!!
    Love,Grama F

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute! Can't wait to see how her pictures turned out! I think getting kids to smile when you want them too is so hard. Rylee is totally at that stage where it is the most awkward thing ever! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You crack me up! I have a picture for all my school days, a few college ones and all 11 years of teaching!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments--please say "Hi!" :-)