Monday, September 23, 2013

Staycation

My parents watched the girls from Friday until Sunday around lunch, so that Lee and I could have a staycation! Here's what we did:

1) Had breakfast at the Farmers Market
2) Walked around the GIANT Farmers market ...Lee bought me a glass pendant necklace from one of the stands
3) Went shopping--I actually got to buy *myself* some fall/winter clothes and a new pair of shoes :-)
4) Ate lunch at a sport's bar and grill
5) Went home to relax for the afternoon
6) Realized we are really *old* b/c Lee's feet hurt from walking and my back was killing me! (I continue to have lots of back problems, which confuses me because up until about 3-4 months ago I'd never had a back problem in my life :-/
7) After nursing our injuries we went to the movies to see "We're the Millers" ....very very funny! Ate a dinner of popcorn and pop.
8) Skipped going out for drinks b/c my back needed serious babying at home :-(
9) Woke up in the morning feeling a little better so we went out to my favorite brunch place (And had bloody Mary's to make up for the lack of drinking the night before!)
10) Picked up the girls....we missed their cuteness, but not their early morning wake ups and constant need for care :-P

And now today we have preschool, a doctor's appt. for myself, and Raya's soccer practice/pictures. Busy Busy! Well staycation, you were fun while you lasted!! :-)

3 comments:

  1. That sounds really nice :) Brian and I are taking a day off of work to hang out sans kids on Friday. I can't wait! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm. Jealous. =)

    Sounds like you guys had a great weekend, other than your back issues. I have never had back problems either up until I became pregnant. I'm hoping that this is just a pregnancy thing, and go away after the baby is born. But man, i'm in pain all the time from it! Feel better!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments--please say "Hi!" :-)