Sunday, October 6, 2013

Catching Up

(My Trendy Tot Tuesday post is at the bottom :-)


Monkey madness. On the left is Brielle's "dirty monkey"....which she got at age 3 months (attached to a paci) and used religiously for a good year or more. Dirty monkey has basically no stuffing left, is faded and worn....hence her calling ...it dirty monkey. In the middle is "clean monkey", which ironically enough is very dirty! This is what I switched and gave her a year ago as a replacement for dirty monkey. When clean monkey is lost she uses dirty monkey On the right is no-name monkey...this was our 3rd back-up that she never allowed to come in contact with her....she hates it because it's clearly an imposter. But it's funny to compare it to the others, since at one point they all looked *identical*. I plan on keeping no-name monkey for her future children hehe.

If you don't have your own children you can't understand the psychology of the "lovey" and the extent we will go to in order to preserve it



Raya's school picture came back last week---it turned out much better than last year at least!

(excuse the poor quality---I took a picture of the picture haha)
Some things Raya has learned so far this year at school are rhyming words, figuring out the characters/setting of a story, they've been doing the Handwriting Without Tears program (which I loved back when I worked as a school psychologist) and she has learned left vs. right, they are also doing a Read it Again program, and they go to specials every week (PE, music, art, library). She's having lots of fun!

Lastly, I am way behind on posting daily outfits, so here are a bunch from the past week+ ...the weather has been crazy alternating hot/cold so we've been wearing both warm and cold weather outfits!

Crazy 8

Gymboree


Crazy 8

NEXT


Tea Collection

Matilda Jane

Gap

Gymboree

Misc. camo ;-)

NEXT

Tea Collection

The girls wore this to a wedding last weekend. Target lace dresses and Old Navy cardigans


Tea Collection

Carters top, Old Navy skirt

Gymboree

old flower girl dress

Hanna Andersson


Time to vote, which "look" was your favorite?! :-)

7 comments:

  1. I totally love that yellow and navy dress on Raya!!!!!! The Gymboree outfit with the floppy hat on Brielle has always been my favorite!!!!
    Love,Grama F

    ReplyDelete
  2. The navy and yellow dress that Raya has...LOVE! It's adorable! Can't you just send me all of your clothes after they grow out of them?? Haha =) And, Raya's school picture is super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breanna has this nasty bear that she has had since she was 3mo and she will not let me wash it and if I do she flips! I have 2 replacement ones but she wants nothing to do w either!

    What a cute picture...glad she is enjoying school!!!

    I love all of their outfits!!! But that blue/yellow next dress Raya is wearing...so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loveys are serious business in our house for Keira and Kendall. Keira has this dr suess doll she carries around with her everywhere. No matter how many times I wash it it still looks so dirty but if she can't find it her world is over. Kendall has a lovey that she sleeps with and has since she was 3 months too.

    My favorite outfit was the blue & yellow NEXT dress Raya wore. So adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have SIX "loveys." They are all the blankets the hospital sent home with us when Marcus was born. He freaking loves them all. And, all of them are gross.
    Favorites---
    Raya: Navy/yellow/white NEXT dress.
    Brielle: Gap outfit, mulitcolor sweater and jeans with butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, my favorite outfit is the yellow dress that Raya has on. For Brielle, I love the first outfit with the hat! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the yellow outfit with the Carters top and ON yellow skirt! Cute! Love the old flower girl dress, too!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments--please say "Hi!" :-)