Monday, October 14, 2013

Raya, Brielle, and my new backdrop :-)

Well, for those of you who read my earlier post about my backdrop arriving damaged, today they got back to me and gave me a couple ideas to try that are supposed to remove the wrinkles. If those don't work they did have it insured, but they said it often takes awhile to get the money from insurance. So hopefully the iron they suggested will work!

However today after nap I decided to try it out really quick regardless. Disclaimer, the girls were dirty, just woke up from naps, and hungry....so needless to say it wasn't a great shoot lol. However at least I got a general idea for what I need to work on, since I've never done indoor sessions before!

I really don't want to purchase studio lighting. I want to do natural light only. However I haven't found the best spot to do that yet. The spot I used today had some good catch lights, but it was a little dark still. I will try another spot tomorrow and see how it compares.

Anyways, here was my first attempt--not horrible for the first try I don't think (I hope lol). The bunting is one of the ones I bought on Etsy for their playroom. I just turned it to the reverse side so the lettering on the front didn't show.



Thoughts? Tips? :-)

6 comments:

  1. I don't know much about photography, but I think that lighting looks great! And what adorable models! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks great! I love the bunting in the background too! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this picture on FB earlier and thought it was fantastic! And the bunting is a perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! I Love bunting banners as backdrops-they add just the right amount of something :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it looks great! Inside natural lighting is hard. I love the bunting too

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have zero tips or pointers regarding photography. BUT, I think the photo looks awesome for indoor lighting! And, the girls look pretty stinking cute for just waking up and being hungry. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments--please say "Hi!" :-)