So it's November, and that means lot of us bloggers (and Facebook friends) are going to start doing daily "I'm thankful for..." posts. However I can never remember to keep this up daily! So I thought this year I'd try to do a couple posts with all of my thankfulness at once :-)
Here are my first 15 days of Thankfulness---Part 2 will come later this month:
1) I'm thankful for my girls, of course! I'm so lucky that I was chosen to be their mom, that I have two little girls to do all sorts of girlie things with, and that they are (usually) so darn sweet to each other and everyone else. <3 my girls!
2) I'm thankful for my husband, who works hard so I can stay home with the girls while they are little, who (usually) helps out around the house doing whatever chores I assign him hehe, and who has been great about watching the girls on weekends while I've been doing so much photography lately.
3) I'm thankful for my parents, who are always helping out and watching the girls so that we can have some kid-free time. The girls LOVE them. Thanks mom and dad!
4) I'm thankful that my two businesses have done well this year. Between my Etsy shop and my photography I feel like I am able to contribute monetarily to the family and have plenty of spending money, instead of being a broke stay-at-home-mom :-P
5) I'm thankful for one more year to stay home with the girls. I plan to try and get a "real" job for next fall, so I'm really enjoying this last year!
6) I'm thankful for my health. My arthritis has been under control pretty well this year and in general I haven't had any major health issues this year.
7) I'm thankful for health insurance! Even though I haven't had any major issues this year, I always seem to have a ton of health scares/minor issues come up and as I've seen the bills roll in I notice how much our health insurance pays. It's a lot! I can imagine having to pay it all out of pocket.
8) I'm thankful for Raya's preschool this year. She's having so much fun and learning a lot. She's also making new friends and it's fun to see her growing up into such a fun little girl.
9) I'm thankful for our home. It may not be the biggest or fanciest house ever, but it's perfect for us and I am still loving it 2 years later. I love our neighborhood and our huge backyard. I can picture the girls running around with all of their little friends in a few years.
10) I'm thankful for Dairy Queen. My mom recently informed me that she heard our local DQ won't be closing over the winter like it has in the past! Wahoo! Looking forward to eating Blizzards in January, probably with a blizzard happening outside as well :-P
11) I'm thankful for the girls' creativity. As I sit here and type this I am watching them make an airplane out of chairs and blankets, and they have a whole storyline going one with their stuffed animals and dolls. I love that they are so creative and also that they are such good friends that they can play together and entertain themselves for a whole morning.
12) I'm thankful for extracurriculars. The girls have had a ton of fun doing swimming lessons, soccer, ballet, and gymnastics this year. I know a lot of kids who don't get to do so many "extras" and I'm glad that we not only have the money, but also the time to take them to these things. I really hope that even as they get older and even busier, that we can still find a way to let them participate in the extracurriculars that they enjoy.
13) I'm thankful for Iowa weather. As crazy and unpredictable as it is, I love having 4 seasons every year. I think if I lived somewhere warm year round I would really miss the other seasons. I love having snow at Christmas time, fall leaves all over the ground for Halloween, and everything greening up and blossoming around Easter after a long winter.
14) I'm thankful for the many vacations we were able to take this summer. We got to go to Ohio, St. Louis, Omaha, and many smaller trips to Illinois. We also got to go to two waterparks, a theme park, etc. The girls had so much fun and we made lots of great memories!
15) I'm thankful for themed pjs. I love celebrating each new holiday month with matching pjs! :-)