Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Brielle's belated 3 year update!

Sorry Brielle, being the second child is good in many ways. For instance, we make a bunch of mistake with Raya (shhh, don't tell!) and we fix them by the time we get to you! But being the second child is also bad in a few ways---like how I took your monthly pictures all the way until 11 months, but never did get around to that 12 month photo haha....and how I stayed up to date on Raya's yearly updates, but am getting around to yours 11 days late (oops). Hopefully it's not something you're still talking about in therapy years down the road ;-)

So here it is---everything you wanted to know about 3 year old Brielle!



First, the basics--how big (or not!) is she :-)

Well, I have your records here and at age 1 you were almost 20lbs and 28inches tall. At age 2 you were almost 32 inches tall and 24lbs (seriously, I can gain 4 lbs eating a sandwhich---you gained that in one year? haha). And now at age 3 you are a grand total of 34.75 inches tall (8th%ile) and 29 lbs (39th%ile). My little peanut!

For talking, well, you never shut up---and you can be quite a little sassy pants! I would say that at least 90-95% of what you say is understandable. Every once in awhile Raya has to translate for you (she always knows what you are saying!) You LOVE to sing. You seem to prefer making up your own songs, or sometimes combining a few known songs together to create your own remix :-) You also love to dance and shake that little butt! You have started doing some stuttering like Raya, but yours still seems pretty typical for your age. We'll see if it sticks around as long as Raya's did.

For "academics", well, let's just say I don't typically do much with that haha. Raya has done fine and now at age 4 knows all of her letters/sounds/can write her name/etc.....so I'm going to assume you will do the same. You do love doing ABCmouse online and are interested in reading books and such. You don't really know any letters or sounds though...when guessing your favorite letters to guess are "E" and "H" haha. You do know all of your colors and shapes though! You are quite the little artist and are getting quite good at coloring in the lines of your coloring books.

Life skills---well, you can get dressed, put on your shoes, go to the bathroom, wash your hands, put your dishes in the sink, etc. etc. ....all the basic life skills I'd expect at this age you CAN do. Now do you actually do them regularly? Child, you are a *diva*....some days you insist on doing it "by myself!" and other days you insist "I a baby!" and need me to help with everything lol.

Favorites: You still like Dora but your obsession in general has moved to unicorns and rainbows haha. You love princesses and movies/shows with princesses. You also love shows and movies with cats and dogs. You and Raya currently love watching (and watching and watching!) The Aristocats. When get to pick out your clothes you like dresses and things that are pink, purple, or have flowers and other girlie items on them. For toys you love playing with the horses Santa brought you. You have also been into puzzles lately and like putting together the giant floor puzzles. Your favorite foods are goldfish crackers, toast, fish sticks, and M&Ms haha. You are a pretty picky eater right now and ever since you knocked out your front tooth you often complain about eating grilled cheese/peanut butter sandwiches, etc....you claim they get stuck in your teeth. You also love icecream! Your favorite books tend to be Barbie books (sooo annoying for me to read lol) and look-and-find books. Also anything with rainbows or unicorns.

Dislikes: Being told no, being told yes (if you have decided you wanted to be told no haha), putting on shoes and socks, sitting in timeout, sitting in your carseat (riding in the car in general is a nightmare for you), and having Raya take your toys.

Personality: You can be the absolute SWEETEST kid ever. Seriously, when you are good you are *good*. You like to "give me lovin'" and rub your nose all over my face, you love to snuggle and cuddle, you give the best hugs and tightest squeezes, and your little voice is no doubt the cutest thing ever. You often say "I love you sooo much Mama" and I've even grown to love your toothless (evil) grin. We can't go anywhere in public without people commenting on how adorable you are.

BUT

my oh my kid, you can also be the most SPRIRITED child ever. (I'm reading the book "Raising Your Spirited Child" and I'm pretty sure you are the poster child haha.) The books says we shouldn't use negative terms to define your "spirited" behavior, but let's just pretend I wasn't reading the book haha---you are often a diva, stubborn, moody, and a drama queen! Comparing you to Raya I can definitely see that although Raya was, at times, all of these things, she was definitely very "average" for a typical toddler/preschooler. You girlfriend, have raised the bar ! haha. You definitely score above-average on all of these things....but the book makes an awesome point about spirited children like yourself. Basically all of those characteristics are things we value in adults. Stubborn can also be described as being "committed to what you want" or "not letting others sway you from your goal"  .....and being a diva/drama queen can also be described as being "passionate" ....so please know that we all LOVE you and your personality. We hope to see you become a very successful adult who is committed to her goals and passionate about what she wants in life :-)  (But seriously, could you just put your socks on when I tell you tomorrow? Thanks :-P)

Oh Brielle, you "spirited" little devil you :-P

I can't wait to see what this next year brings. So many exciting things will be happening! I can't wait for you to start preschool in the fall, start making little friends, and see you become a smart (and sassy) preschooler like your big sister. I hope that you and Raya continue to be best friends. I love your sibling relationship and am so proud of both of you.

So happy 3 years Miss Brielle---your BIG personality in a little body has been the perfect caboose to our family!!  (No really, I don't care how many people tell me we make adorable babies--your personality is baby #3,4,&5 all rolled into one---we're done ;-)

All sweetness again haha ---- love her

4 comments:

  1. This is so sweet!

    I tell Matt all the time about our "spirited child" - you will be thankful she doesn't back down someday, like when she is dating or trying to get a job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is too darn cute! And I can only imagine how annoying Barbie books are to read! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, Brielle is TINY! I just weighed and measured M… 34.5 inches and 33 pounds. HA!!
    I'm pretty sure Marcus could be defined as "spirited", as well. Although, I have a few other words I would use to describe him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know a couple of people who have read that book and they say it has helped them! Brielle is so stinkin cute! =)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments--please say "Hi!" :-)