Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Sick :-( (and sister saturday)

Sorry it's been quiet around my blog lately, and I haven't really been keeping up with reading other blogs either. But some of you may remember that around New Years I started a dairy/egg/red meat free diet to try and help my rheumatoid arthritis. Well for the first few weeks it seemed like it was helping--I was feeling great. But then I started having itching all over my body---no rash, just tons of itching. Well my new rheumatologist said he thought I was having a rare side effect from one of my meds, and so for 11 days I drank a detox drink 3 times daily to try and get that medicine out of my system. While that did seem to help the itching about 1.5 weeks ago I started getting new symptoms. Horrible neck stiffness and pain, and ear pain. My family doctor checked me over and I had no signs of illness, no ear infection etc. She gave me a muscle relaxer for my neck and I started seeing a physical therapist last week. But then over the weekend the pain started getting even worse, and it feels like it's in my jaw, teeth, head, etc. Basically everything above my shoulders feels like it's being constantly squeezed in a vice grip and/or throbbing. Went back to my rheumatologist yesterday and he just really has no idea what's going on with me. He said maybe I'm having an unknown side effect to the detox drink---but that seems like a stretch to me lol. I am waiting to hear back about my blood work to see if that gives us any insight. I am nervous b/c I had cancer in my neck 10 years ago, so any pain in my neck freaks me out....but I had an MRI done in June and everything was fine as of then, and so they think it's unlikely that I would suddenly have a huge outbreak or something. So anyways, send any healing vibes my way because I'd really like to get some answers soon !!

And so as not to end on a Debbie Downer note, here are the girls---sporting Matilda Jane (Raya's top was a Target clearance find that matches the Matilda Jane skirt perfectly!)





Oh, and a belated Sister Saturday picture---week 6 (Raya wouldn't wear leggings!)

9 comments:

  1. Oh no! I hope you feel better soon, that sounds awful :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending lots of good vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness, I hope you feel better and find some answers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! Sending healing vibes your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I will keep you in my prayers, Shawna! I really hope you start feeling better soon!! The girls are so, so cute as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I am so sorry to hear you are going through this! I hope they get some answers for you and soon! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yikes... I definitely hope everything turns around for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that's scary. Hope you start feeling better soon! It sucks feeling crappy and having no idea why or how to fix it. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry to hear about all you are going through =( Sending lots of positive vibes your way! I hope they can figure out what is up soon and that you aren't in pain anymore!!!
    And the girls pics are too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments--please say "Hi!" :-)