Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Curly Hair

Last night I suggested the girls sleep in braids, which is something they've never done. They were soooo excited to see their "curly twirly princess hair" in the morning!

Before:



And after:


Here's what I posted on Facebook this morning:

A few thoughts on our twirly curly hair this morning: 1) I think the post-braid hair would look less like a bad 90s perm if my girls had more/longer hair 2) Since they insisted on princess dresses to go with their "princess hair" I am think...ing Raya's preschool teachers are going to think Raya's "play clothes" are even more unconventional than normal and they will probably think we are crazy 3) I just realized the girls have their little dance recital tonight, so how the hell am I going to get this stuff in a bun? (And I'd rather die than give them an extra bath :-P) Oh well, at least they love it, right?
 
Have a super twirly Tuesday everyone!
 
  

6 comments:

  1. Super cute. And just get a spray bottle and spritz down their hair. It should relax the curls and make the hair easier to get in a bun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately before I remembered about the recital I *covered* their hair with hairspray b/c they were worried the curl would come out haha. So I'm a little worried about wetting it down to put it in a bun in case it turns to cement LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I can totally relate to that. I just saw the post of their recital and looks like the hair turned out darling though. So yay.

      Delete
  3. I LOVED when my mom would braid my hair and I would sleep in them. The "curls" always seemed so magical.
    The girls look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could try rolling their hair in socks. BUT that would also require long hair!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments--please say "Hi!" :-)