Monday, May 19, 2014

Summer is coming!

This week is Raya's last week of preschool. So proud of how much my big girl has grown over this past year and the friends she's made. Looking forward to seeing her blossom in kindergarten next year, but also sad that I have a child old enough to attend "real" school---where did the time go?!

With me starting back to work this fall I am determined to make this summer amazing! I want to really enjoy my last couple months home with the girls full time---because it will have to get me through until next summer when I'm off again! I am looking forward to going back to work, but also will miss some of the fun things we get to do during the day when I'm home----like today when we went for a spur of the moment walk exploring new paths in town. The mystery of what lay at the end of the path was almost too much for the girls to handle---they were compelled to go explore and check it all out!



The best part was we got back to the car and Raya said "I need a nice relaxing snack now. Is this how hot it will be in summer, b/c I'm sweating!" And after I said no, it will get even hotter she said "well, I guess I hate summer then!" LOL

Another funny from today, She found out preschool is having a beach party on wednesday...she immediately came home and picked her head to toe ensemble and then admired her choices lol
Photo: She found out preschool is having a beach party on wednesday...she immediately came home and picked her head to toe ensemble and then admired her choices lol #fashionista

And a random from today of Brielle, playing with Kovu. He's such a good kitty <3

Photo


And just for fun, we are getting super excited about our upcoming trip to St. Louis! We'll be going to the zoo for sure, as well as a Cardinal's baseball game. We even got tickets for the *exact* same seats we sat in last year!

Remember how cute the girls were last year at the game?



Don't worry, I have something adorable planned for this years get-up as well ;-)

Other than our St. Louis trip we have a camping trip planned, amusement park trip and zoo trip with Grandma Donna and Sawyer and Harper, a couple fairs, parade, farmer's market, splash pads, swimming, and much more!

What's the thing *you* are looking forward to most this summer? I need more ideas of fun stuff to do! hehe

6 comments:

  1. I want to take my niece and nephew to Adventureland and to Fun City in Burlington, IA!!! It looks super fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've never tried Fun City---good idea!

      Delete
  2. I love Raya's comment about the heat of summer, hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are just so precious!!! And the thought of summer is what gets me through each year!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have so much fun to look forward to!
    We are headed home for the month of June (again). I can't wait to split some quality time between KC and IA!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We will be doing a lot of camping and hiking this summer. We live in Mt so there will also be a trip to Yellowstone and glacier. Then we end the summer with my brothers wedding and getting to stay in a tree house. We plan to make it a longer trip and really enjoy the family time.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments--please say "Hi!" :-)