I was tagged to answer these fun questions by some blogger friends and I'm finally getting around to it, a few days later! :-)
Four names that people call me, other than my real name:
- Mama: The girls still call me mama, and so does Lee when he's talking about me to the girls. Raya tends to say it at least 5 times in a row so I hear it plenty! lol
- That's it haha. My name and Mama. I can't think of anything else---I have no nicknames that have ever "stuck"
Four jobs I have had:
- Babysitter/nanny: I babysat at least a couple weekends a month, and all summer long, through middle school and most of high school
- Cashier at gas station: I worked about 3 days a week (2 evenings 4-10pm and then Sundays 8-4pm) at a gas station right next to my college. My brother worked the evening and weekend shifts opposite me. It was actually really fun because it was a small gas station with only 1person working at a time. I could drink free cappuccino and read books etc. haha.
- Youth Counselor at treatment center: In college I worked as a youth counselor at a residential treatment center for troubled kids. That was my favorite job ever and I would have stayed there if it paid more than minimum wage lol
- School Psychologist: Worked as a school psych for 4 years before being a SAHM, and now I'm in my 1st year back at it again :-)
Four movies I’ve watched more than once:
- Dirty Dancing
- Little Mermaid
- Reality Bites
Four books I’d recommend:
- 50 Shades of Grey (mindless fun)
- Hunger Games (I like the first book in the series best)
- Anything by Jodi Picoult
- Another Place at the Table: Interesting read about foster care
Four places I have lived: (don't really want to put the town names for the small towns ;-)
- X, Iowa: My hometown and where I grew up until I left for college.
- X, Iowa: Where I went to college and where I live now
- Cedar Falls, Iowa: Where I went to graduate school and where I met Lee
- Denver, Iowa: Our first home we bought.
Four places I have been:
- Orlando, FL: Band trip in high school
- Germany: High school trip
- England: One month class abroad in college
- Yellowstone: My family went when I was in middle school and we went again for our honeymoon. One of my favorite places to travel too!
Four places I would rather be right now:
- Shopping: With someone else's money
- Camping: We are getting excited to buy an RV and be regular campers next year!
- Bed: The girls woke me up too early for a saturday
- vacation: not sure where I'd want to go though!
Four things I won’t eat:
- Raw fish: yuck
- Cherries: Never eaten them, never will. The thought makes me gag.
- Liver: Just looks disgusting
Four of my favorite foods:
- Sweet Potato casserole (only the kind my mom makes)
- Cooked cabbage and potatoes
- Sweets--all of it!
Four TV shows that I watch:
- The Voice: An all time favorite!
- 19 Kids and Counting: Intrigued by them!
- The Little Couple: I just love them!
- Animal Cops
Four things I am looking forward to this year:
- December : Christmas tree hunting, Elf on the Shelf, holiday lights, and Santa!
- Christmas Vacation: 2 weeks off, yay! Although I wish I didn't have the girls home that whole time too :-P LOL
- Getting my house all clean: Maybe someday!
- Lee getting home: It's hunting season so I'm a widow
Four things I’m always saying:
- "Don't say eyeball" Brielle thinks eyeball is a hilarious insult. She is constantly calling people an eyeball and laughing lol. Or using it in basically any way other than to describe her actual eye :-P
- "You don't have a wedgie." Both girls are sensitive about their underwear and picking imaginary wedgies
- "I love you" Lots of love around here!
- "Just ignore her." I should play it on repeat.
Four people I tag:
- Since I'm late to the game I'm sure most people interested have already played, but if you haven't please do! :-)