Saturday, November 15, 2014

Question and Answer time



I was tagged to answer these fun questions by some blogger friends and I'm finally getting around to it, a few days later! :-)


Four names that people call me, other than my real name:

  • Mama:  The girls still call me mama, and so does Lee when he's talking about me to the girls. Raya tends to say it at least 5 times in a row so I hear it plenty! lol
  • That's it haha. My name and Mama. I can't think of anything else---I have no nicknames that have ever "stuck"

Four jobs I have had: 

  • Babysitter/nanny:  I babysat at least a couple weekends a month, and all summer long, through middle school and most of high school
  • Cashier at gas station:  I worked about 3 days a week (2 evenings 4-10pm and then Sundays 8-4pm) at a gas station right next to my college. My brother worked the evening and weekend shifts opposite me. It was actually really fun because it was a small gas station with only 1person working at a time. I could drink free cappuccino and read books etc. haha.
  • Youth Counselor at treatment center:  In college I worked as a youth counselor at a residential treatment center for troubled kids. That was my favorite job ever and I would have stayed there if it paid more than minimum wage lol
  • School Psychologist:  Worked as a school psych for 4 years before being a SAHM, and now I'm in my 1st year back at it again :-) 

Four movies I’ve watched more than once:

  • Dirty Dancing
  • Armageddon 
  • Little Mermaid 
  • Reality Bites

Four books I’d recommend:

  • 50 Shades of Grey (mindless fun) 
  • Hunger Games (I like the first book in the series best)
  • Anything by Jodi Picoult
  • Another Place at the Table:  Interesting read about foster care

Four places I have lived: (don't really want to put the town names for the small towns ;-)

  • X, Iowa:  My hometown and where I grew up until I left for college.
  • X, Iowa:  Where I went to college and where I live now
  • Cedar Falls, Iowa:  Where I went to graduate school and where I met Lee
  • Denver, Iowa:  Our first home we bought.

Four places I have been:

  • Orlando, FL:  Band trip in high school
  • Germany:  High school trip
  • England:  One month class abroad in college
  • Yellowstone:  My family went when I was in middle school and we went again for our honeymoon. One of my favorite places to travel too!

Four places I would rather be right now:

  • Shopping: With someone else's money 
  • Camping:  We are getting excited to buy an RV and be regular campers next year!
  • Bed:  The girls woke me up too early for a saturday
  • vacation:  not sure where I'd want to go though!

Four things I won’t eat:

  • Raw fish:  yuck
  • Cherries:  Never eaten them, never will. The thought makes me gag.
  • Liver:  Just looks disgusting 
  • Olives


Four of my favorite foods:

  • Apples
  • Sweet Potato casserole (only the kind my mom makes)
  • Cooked cabbage and potatoes
  • Sweets--all of it!


Four TV shows that I watch: 
  • The Voice:  An all time favorite!
  • 19 Kids and Counting:  Intrigued by them!
  • The Little Couple:  I just love them!
  • Animal Cops


Four things I am looking forward to this year:
  • December :  Christmas tree hunting, Elf on the Shelf, holiday lights, and Santa!
  • Christmas Vacation:  2 weeks off, yay! Although I wish I didn't have the girls home that whole time too :-P  LOL
  • Getting my house all clean:  Maybe someday!
  • Lee getting home:  It's hunting season so I'm a widow

Four things I’m always saying:
  • "Don't say eyeball"  Brielle thinks eyeball is a hilarious insult. She is constantly calling people an eyeball and laughing lol. Or using it in basically any way other than to describe her actual eye :-P
  • "You don't have a wedgie." Both girls are sensitive about their underwear and picking imaginary wedgies
  • "I love you"  Lots of love around here!
  • "Just ignore her."  I should play it on repeat.

Four people I tag: 
  • Since I'm late to the game I'm sure most people interested have already played, but if you haven't please do! :-)

5 comments:

  1. We are looking into getting a camper too! Camping is going to be ideal out here and our lifestyle; can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if you and Bri both get campers then you guys can come to Maine and go camping! ha!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also LOVE the Little couple!!!! I literally LoL'd at "don't say eyeball and the wedgie"...lol Love ur girls!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments--please say "Hi!" :-)