I have a bunch of random pictures leftover from previous days, so today is leftover day! :-P
First, yesterday I got back into the swing of things for fall and had craft time with the girls. I'm going to try really hard to do either craft time or a field trip on every non-preschool day this school year. We'll see how long I can keep it up!
I got the idea of these apple trees off Pinterest....easy set up and all the supplies were readily available. My kind of project :-)
 |
| Paint paper plate green---ta da! You have "leaves" |
 |
| I still think of Brielle as my baby and don't often include her in our projects...I'm trying to be better about that! |
 |
| Cut out a tree trunk shape and finger paint it brown--ta da! A trunk. |
 |
| Looks like pudding! ;-) |
 |
| Thumbprints in red paint = apples ...When dry assemble and ta da! An apple tree :-) |
 |
| Brielle was throwing a tantrum because she didn't want to be in the picture lol |
 |
| Raya was willing to help out with the "art show" though! (And on this day Raya dressed herself--at least I was one again impressed with her matching ability) |
Here are a couple random pictures from yesterday...
 |
| All the pics up to this point were taken with the crappy camera because I had misplaced my good one---sorry! |
Raya is still obsessed with taking pictures of herself...here is another one I found on the camera recently hehe
Last weekend we went to the H family reunion, but I was really bad and forgot to take pics. Sorry! I did take these pics of the girls on the car ride down though---they insisted on holding their GIANT monkey and owl pillows in the car---they could barely see over them to watch their DVDs!
Here is a random picture of Raya before we left to drive down there
 |
| These are the pink skinny jeans from Old Navy. I had my eye on the pink, yellow, and aqua ones but was waiting for a good sale---and then they started selling out! Boo hoo. Online they are sold out of the yellow and aqua in her size, so I scooped up a pink while I still could. And wouldn't you know they fit her great! Maybe I can track some other colors down in the store... The tank covers most of them here, but they are really cute and super soft--highly recommend! |
I also got the monkey and owl hoodies from Old Navy that I mentioned awhile back. They are super cute and soft too! But fyi, they do run narrow. I ordered up to a 2T for Brielle and a 5T for Raya, and I'm glad I did because they probably wouldn't have zipped up otherwise. They are quite fitted.
You can't see the ears in these very well, but this is so cute on! (didn't get a pic of Raya in the owl one)
Our whole house is sick with colds right now, and Lee and I have it the worst currently, so there is lots of whining and coughing, and snot around here...boo. Please forgive this rather pointless update! :-P
To end, a new blog segment we're going to call "Play clothes--what she wore!"
Ya know, because obviously I'm following the preschool recommendation to send my child is old worn clothing for play ( or not ;-) Hey people, in my defense I TRIED a play outfit this morning but then Raya saw Brielle in a skirt and she cried for a dress....so the teachers got to see what "play clothes" in our house looks like LOL
 |
| Clearance Target dress from last season and Kmart shoes. |
 |
| New favorite hairstyle...remember doing those ponytails that you then turn "inside out"? |
 |
| We will let Brielle join this segmant when she feels like it. Today here she was wearing a Carter's onesie, Okie Dokie skirt, and Kohls jumping beans shoes---all handme downs from Raya. (And yes, we need to stage a puppy paci intervention) |
 |
| Today Raya didn't have much to say about her first full morning of preschool, except for "Mommy, there's no running at preschool!" From what I gather she was scolded by the teacher from running lol. Oh, and she brought me not one but FOUR new art peices for my fridge today. And insists that I keep all four and hang them up. Preschool better pace themselves because it's only the first week and my fridge is pretty full!!!!! |
Those pillows are huge, haha! :)
ReplyDeleteYes, when Monkey pillow is in Brielle's crib there is hardly any room left for her!
DeleteTheir pillows are huge!! hehe =) Love Raya's pink skinny jeans! Emma has the same ones, and also has them in the cobalt blue. Your pintrest apple trees are adorable!! And I hope you guys all start feeling better very soon!!! =)
ReplyDeleteOh cool---I loved the blue ones too! But I looked through raya's closet and she has almost no shirts to match those, so then it was going to turn into a cycle of me buying the jeans and then buying shirts to match LOL.
DeleteWe picked up the pink jeans, too! I went to the Old Navy outlet when we went to visit my inlaws in South Texas for Labor Day. I wish I had known the other colors were such a hot commodity - the entire store was 40% off, and they had all of the new stuff!
ReplyDeleteThose pillow pictures are hilarious! I am quite impressed with your road trip packing abilities, our car is WAY more packed than that!
Lucky! I was at the outlet recently too, but I didn't see the jeans!!
DeleteDon't be too impressed, we ended up only being gone for one night lol...so packing was pretty easy ;-)
those trees are a cute idea. I always forget to include Keira in painting crafts too but I should start too.
ReplyDeleteThose pillows are huge. Love it!