Just like the ones I used to know
Where the tree tops glisten
And children listen
To hear sleigh bells in the snow...
![]() |
| This morning's view off our back deck! |
With every Christmas card I write
May your days be merry and bright
And may all
Your Christmases be white
Normally we get our first snow of the winter as more of a "dusting"...but this year our first snow came as a full out BLIZZARD! Pretty much every school in the state is cancelled I think haha. Some places they are predicting will get 12-15inches by the time it's said and done. I think we're in more of the 6-8inch range. But the winds are up to 50 mph so definitely blowing snow out there!
But man am I happy we got our white Christmas---it's just not Christmas without snow! The girls are very excited to go sledding and build a snowman but I'm not letting them today---just too windy and bitterly cold out there right now--maybe tomorrow!
This morning the girls discovered that Twinkle the elf was also excited about our first snow!
![]() |
| Here is a better look at what Twinkle wrote ;-) (And yes, "Twinkle" has horrible handwriting lol) |
![]() |
| Twinkle led a parade! |
Some random pics of the girls this morning....
![]() |
| Running away from me so I won't take her paci! |
![]() |
| Got your paci! |
![]() |
| Mama, how could you?! |
![]() |
| She was telling me about the bubbles popping on her head lol |
![]() |
| Trying to catch bubbles on her tongue! |
And to end this random update today, some pics from the other day when Brielle wore pigtails!
![]() |
| Of course the best picture I could get of the pigtails was during a tantrum lol |
![]() |
| It's a hard knock life ;-) |

























Wisconsin is pretty much shut down too. I wanted to take Kyla out, but I agree, way too cold and windy today. I pulled her around the house in the sled and she had a blast, haha. I'm happy we're having a white Christmas too :)
ReplyDeletePS - my Gymboree order came today with Tyler home (of course) so I haven't opened it yet. But I can't wait to see those giraffe boots!
hehe...I hope everything with this order works out for you! Take the package into the bathroom and hide lol ;-)
DeleteHow fun. We don't have white Christmases here in CA. Cute pictures
ReplyDeleteI'm super jealous of your snow, but right now I'm enjoying 70 degree weather before heading back to VA for Christmas!
ReplyDeleteYep Des Moines got about 12 or 13 inches! Yay for snow days! I got Carly out in the snow for about ten min bc it was too cold but lidia had nothing to do with it! Yay for a white Christmas! Drive safe!
ReplyDeleteYep Des Moines got about 12 or 13 inches! Yay for snow days! I got Carly out in the snow for about ten min bc it was too cold but lidia had nothing to do with it! Yay for a white Christmas! Drive safe!
ReplyDeleteWe head back to Iowa soon, and I admit, I'm a little bit excited for a white Christmas... So long as the snow doesn't effect our travel plans!
ReplyDeleteLook at the snow!!!! That's about what my parents got yesterday and we only got a dusting. We only live an hour from them too! I love the picture of their Elf on the window!! haha Too cute! And Brielle with pigtails....ADORABLE!! =)
ReplyDeleteI love the girls looking up at Elf!!!! Brielle looks soooo cute in her pigtails and tantrum!!!!!
ReplyDeletelove,
Grama F
ah, the snow is so pretty!
ReplyDelete