Thanks to everyone who asked questions yesterday...now I don't have to think of a blog topic today! :-) Let's get right to them (in no particular order)...
1) Do you see baby #3 in your future? A couple of you asked that---do you not think I look busy enough as it is?! :-) But in all seriousness, it's no secret that I want/plan to have 3 kids. Actually, I wouldn't put it past myself to want 4, but Lee says no way--I'm lucky he agreed to 3 because he'd be fine stopping with 2 haha. So the plan *is* to have one more. Can't say I'm in a huge rush to have another as closely spaced as Raya and Brielle, just because it's so much work!, but at the same time we won't wait a super long time because there are many reasons I like mine somewhat close together. That and Lee would like me to get back to work at some time haha....and I said I'm not doing that until the youngest is a couple years old at least. So stayed tuned on the whole baby #3 thing I guess!
2) Do you work out? If so, WHEN?! I can see how some of you might wonder this---I mean, especially considering how toned and fit I always look in my pictures (ahem--sarcasm there ;-) Truth is that I HATE working out. I'd rather eat salad every day and skip working out. But a large part of the problem is that because of my rhuematoid arthritis my left arm is complete shot. The rest of my joints (feet, knees, neck, etc.) are pretty sensitive to working out as well. I've asked my doctor about working out and he strongly suggests I only walk or swim. Swimming is pretty impossible in my rural area of Iowa...not easy to just swing over to an indoor pool :-P So that leaves walking which is boooorrrring. Really though I *should* eventually get a treadmill and try to walk for an hour during naptime or something. Maybe someday. For now maybe I should just work on question #1 so that I have an excuse for gaining weight again ;-)
3) How did you announce your pregnancies to your family and friends? I guess you could say we have been pretty boring when it comes to this. Usually a phone call to family--and email or facebook for friends lol. I love the idea of the gender reveal parties that are happening more and more, but that just never would have worked for us. I think those parties can only be successful if both parents honestly don't care what the gender is. In our case Lee has always wanted a boy (poor guy!)....so I just have visions of a gender reveal party where he bites into the cupcake and sees pink and then pouts haha. For that same reason we could never wait and find out the gender in the delivery room....because if after 9 months and labor he expressed any disappointment I would have to kill him :-)
4) How did you choose the girls' names? Well, since about high school I've kept a running list of names I love and want to use. (Let's just say our girls' names did *not* come from that list! haha). Funny how when you add a husband's opinion to the mix suddenly many of your baby names get thrown out. In high school I loved the names Camden and Claire. I planned to have boy/girl twins haha. I always joked that I would pick my husband based on whether or not he'd go for the name Camden for our son. And actually, I did run the name by Lee while we were dating! Of course at the time he said "oh yeah, I like that".....and then after we're married and actually expecting suddenly he announced that he hates that name and over his dead body will we use it (or something like that :-) Just plain cruel! (I still love that name by the way.) Claire I also still love, but it's just too "common" for me to actually use right now. So when we were expecting Raya we tossed around a lot of names and at one time Lee said "I really want a girl's name that ends in "ah-na"". So then we started going through the list---Briana, Adriana, Lilliana, Elliana, etc. Some were thrown out because they felt too common or had common nicknames, others just didn't sound right with our last name, etc. Finally I just "invented" Rayana (now obviously I didn't invent it haha...but I made it up at the time...didn't find it in a baby book or anything) ....and I thought the nickname "Raya" was cute and unique. Lee agreed and she was named! Marie is my middle name so that's where we got that from. Then for Brielle it was actually funny. I was watching an episode of House Hunters and the couple on there had a little girl named Brielle--I had never heard the name before and really liked it so I added it to my running list of names. Then one day I ran the name by Lee and he didn't like it! He had a few weird reasons why and I was really bummed so I waited and didn't bring it up for a few more weeks. Then one day I decided to bring it up again and pretend it was a *new* suggestion...and guess what? That time he was like "oh, that's a cool name!" lol....what a dork. Her middle name Alyn is just a play on Lee's middle name "Alan" ....so the girls have our middle names. Not sure how we'd do a middle name for baby #3 now!
5) What are your favorite TV shows? I will only answer this question if you promise not to completely lose all respect for me! I'm kind of a reality tv junky haha. I love American Idol, Teen Mom/ 16 and Pregnant, Toddler and Tiaras, Hoarders, Pawns Stars, American Pickers, etc. As far as non-reality shows I like Grey's Anatamy, Private Practice, and House.
6) Your favorite recipe? I'm not a cook. Actually, let me rephrase that. I *can* cook pretty well, I just don't enjoy cooking! If someone went to the grocery store and got all of my supplies for me and then promised to clean the kitchen up afterwards I would mind doing the actual cooking part. But when I find a recipe that sounds good and then think about the work involved in getting the supplies and cleaning up the kitchen afterwards then suddenly a grilled cheese or pizza sounds just fine! :-) One of my favorite recipes though would have to be Strawberry Pretzel Salad/Dessert It's kind of a fruit salad/dessert. I love it so much I could eat an entire 9x13 pan of it by myself in one day haha.
7) Other than blogging and sewing, what is something you're really good at? Is it weird that the first thing that comes to my mind is "BS"?! As in bullshitting lol. I think that is one character trait that made me good at my job as a school psychologist. It is probably how I rocked my only interview and got offered my first choice position on the spot. Or how I was able to smooth over angry parents during school IEP meetings, etc. Basically if I'm in a situation and don't know what I"m doing I can bullshit my way on through and come out sounding pretty darn intelligent on the other end :-) Now that's not to say I didn't know what I was talking about in my job... But we're all in situations every day where we might be caught off guard/confused/etc. I'm someone who rarely stumbles/fumbles/mumbles my way through. Instead I can immediately start in and make you feel like I know exactly what I'm talking about, and I think that's actually a really good thing in most cases. Everyone wants to be put at ease and feel like the person they are talking to knows what the hell they are doing...and then I was always able to run off and study up afterwards to back up my BS with actual talents/knowledge :-)
8) What's something you're really bad at? Well, as much as I think I am an awesome "stay at home mom" I can't say that so far I've really done that great at the other part of my job---the whole "housewife" thing. I'm not someone who gets up in the morning to make my husband lunch and lay out his clothes, I rarely have supper sitting on the table when he walks in the door (I do cook, but usually something last minute that I throw together when he's home), I don't like doing laundry or dishes, etc. Frankly I'm not sure how much of my time *should* be spent on that stuff, when I've got two little kids to care for all day, but obviously I could stop blogging and doing Etsy in order to cook sit down meals nightly and iron Lee's dress shirts---probably won't happen any time soon though ;-P
9) What are your best qualities as a wife & mother? I think I have a lot of patience and I'm easy going. I'm laidback and let the kids be kids. I think I'll be a "cool" mom when they are older, but hopefully not so cool that they walk all over me. As a wife I'm also pretty laidback and easy going too. Lee is able to go on hunting trips pretty regularly and go fishing in the summer etc. and I watch the girls and don't (usually) throw fits haha. I'm low maintanance and don't require extravagent gifts and stuff, which I'd also say would be near the top of Lee's wish list :-)
10) What is your dream date with your man? I'd love to re-do our honeymoon for our 5 year anniversary. We went out west to Yellowstone and stuff and it was really fun and a great getaway--right up both our alleys as far as being low maintaince. We aren't cruise/island people :-) However our 5 year anniversary is this year! Probably won't happen that soon.
11) Can you share the story of the first time you and your hubby met? When did you know he was the one for you? How did he propose? This is best answered by a blog post I did a couple years back--it's hilariously lame so be prepared! :-) Check it out here! How we met, got engaged, etc.
Hopefully I didn't bore you all with this post! Thanks again for the questions....if anyone has any more for me feel free to ask away! I'll be back tomorrow with some pictures :-)
This was fun- and I love the story of Lee not liking Brielle's name the first time and then getting on board when you brought it up again. Men!
ReplyDeleteOh I know, right?!
Deleteloved your answers.
ReplyDeleteI got Kaylee's cat shirt at WalMart not to long ago
When do you plan on putting the girls in school? (we're considering putting Marco in the fall). Do you think you're going to homeschool, or put them in public or private school?
ReplyDeleteGreat questions...I've been thinking about school lately actually! :-)
Delete