Yesterday the girls were at my mom's house to give me a break to work on Etsy orders (because Lee left Monday for a big fishing trip, and let me tell you---I give props to all the single mom's out there because I don't think I could do it! lol...I'm so ready for him to come home today. As Lee says, "see, I do a lot around there!" ...point taken. ...and let me tell you, he's got a lot of garbage to empty and dishes to wash (by hand) when he gets home today...and then he's got approx. 24 hours to get me a new dishwasher before I lose my mind! :-)
So anyways, my mom had all 4 grandkids and when my brother arrived to pick up Sawyer and Harper he offered to take Raya to their house for a "slumber party"...so I get a phone call from an out of breath Raya basically screaming "I go bye bye!!!" and squealing in excitement hehe...my mom then gets on the phone and fills me in that Uncle John was going to let them go "camping" in a tent on their screened in porch and they were going to roast hot dogs and marshmallows, etc. Raya was out of her mind with excitement!
Obviously I have no pictures of this milestone event--her first official slumber party--but I thought I better document it anyways! John brought her back this morning and said she woke up one time around 3am looking for Sawyer (who was sleeping right by her haha) but other than that slept well and was good. He was not, however, impressed with the number of times she wanted to pee before bed lol (she likes using new bathrooms) and he couldn't believe the number of bedtime lovies she required :-P
So now we will need to have Sawyer for a slumber party at *our* house next. John said he told the kids that Uncle Lee would let them sleep out on the trampoline--I'm sure Lee will be thrilled to hear that news! haha
Yay for her first {& successful} slumber party!
ReplyDeleteThat is hilarious that she likes to use new bathrooms!! :)
So excited for you that Lee will be home today. I agree with you, props to single moms. I am sure you remember me sharing on my blog before we moved, we were without Joe two weeks at a time for 4 months. It's hard!!
Yes, I thought that making it all night at her first slumber party was pretty good haha.
DeleteOh I know, I don't know how you did that! So nice that you guys are all under the same roof again!!!!
How fun!! I can't wait for the girls to have slumber parties. Glad to hear she had a good time
ReplyDeleteYes, I think starting with a slumber party at Sawyer's house was a good introduction---she's happy as long as Sawyer is with her!! hehe
DeleteShe was soooo excited, while John loaded the extra car seat she was convinced he was going to leave without her, I told her she had to go potty before leaving, the whole while she was sitting on the potty, she kept saying "hurry Grama their going to leave me"!!!! When she was in the car seat ready to leave , I gave her a kiss goodbye and she said "I'm sooooo excited"!!!!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Grama F
How exciting!!! Emma was 5 before she had her first slumber party, and she still talks about it to this day! I bet Raya had a blast!!! =)
ReplyDeleteReading about how excited she was is so awesome. Can't wait to read about Sawyer sleeping over at your house including pictures of the kids on the trampoline ;)
ReplyDeleteHow fun! Cael had his first sleepover not long ago with his cousins and had a blast. It's great that your girls have cousins so close in age!
ReplyDelete