My favorite project so far is that he hung these shelves for me in Raya's room (eventually to be the girls' shared room)
She had no place to set anything before, so the top of her dresser was just covered in crap. Shelves are so expensive to buy though (I looked at target and for a set of teeny tiny shelves they wanted like 30 bucks) ....so Lee found these white "shelves" for $9 each at Menards and then the brackets he used to mount them were free after mail in rebate. Great deal! They are nice and big too so plenty of space to display all her cute Kidcraft wooden kitchen stuff that matches her room :-)
Still on the honey-do list is to finish painting/distressing the two nightstands and then also paint this dresser white.
I also came up with a cheap headboard solution. I found beadboard sheets at Menards...I think they were about $9 too....so Lee is going to cut them to the size of the twin beds and then frame them out with white trim to match. It'll be perfect for the shabby chic look. That's not quite finished yet though---pictures to come.
In the nursery we also hung a couple shelves. These shelves my godfather made me when I was young, and they ended up being perfect to hang in the "trees" in order to display a couple things.
| Right now just Mr. Owl and the sock monkey jack in the box are sitting up there :-P This is the corner....where the changing table sits under the quilt. |
| The clothespins hang from wire...it's from Pier 1 I believe, if anyone wonders! |
Sorry, this is an incredibly random post today :-) Next up, I finally got the Santa picture Raya had taken at the bank. Remember when Lee took Raya uptown one night to a little Christmas festival thing? Anyways, they did free Santa pictures at the bank and then just recently sent me the photo. I didn't go (if I had I would have taken off Raya's coat and hat! lol) but hey, we got a Santa picture at least....and you can't beat free. She was obviously extremely impressed and excited about seeing Santa
Today Raya got to try out her new finger nail polish from Santa. It's "Nerds" polish and the different colors smell like the candy nerds :-P We did green and purple nails....in honor of Barney and Baby Bop!
...and she insisted that sissy smell her nails LOL
....and feet!
Today we were cleaning out our master closet and found this lovely men's thong...it's an elephant and the "trunk" is, well.....you know :-P It was a white elephant gift I got my last year working, and actually they had said I should send it back to the office so they could pass in on to someone else in future years, but it had gotten lost in the move and we just found it again! I'm praying it was never "tested" by anyone in past years, because before I could stop her Raya was wearing her "mask" and having a grand old time with it LOL
| Static cling anyone? |
| Eating her sock |
Hope everyone is having a great week! Tomorrow my mom is babysitting the girls and Lee and I are going to run errands and try to check off a few more things on the honey-do list!
Everything looks great!! We just took all of our Xmas stuff down today so we can start getting th new playroom slowly set up
ReplyDeleteGreat honey do list!! Mine is never ending as well!
ReplyDeleteOh Raya! That picture with the Elephant thong cold be a great grad party pic! Hehe. I have a pic when of Cam he was about Sam's current age while he was in a clothes basket that Lonnie had carried him in from the laundry room to the living room and he is chewing on a clean pair of my undies... Yuck, I guess at least they were clean.... But still. Raya is one funny girl. I love their chairs.
ReplyDeleteRaya's 'hat' had me laughing out loud I had to show the hubby!! oh too funny. You have to love kids!! Those tree shelves are awesome, they match so well. Your house is coming along so nicely. I must say I have gotten a few ideas from you!
ReplyDeleteI love Brielle smelling Raya's feet... they are so silly!
ReplyDeleteGreat pics!!!! Have to agree, that thong pic needs to be saved for some future use!!!!! Those shelves that uncle Steve made years ago look like they were made for that tree!!!! Also love the white shelves in Rayas room, can't wait to see the rest of the projects!!! I just love the art work that John got you, and that clip art box that Em picked out,perfect!!!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Grama F
Everything is looking great! Can't wait to hear about what else you had Lee up to! :)
ReplyDeleteI also LOL'd at Raya with that thong on her head. SOOOO funny!