Yesterday I took the girls for an impromptu shoot in order to play around with "challenging" lighting situations. Right now with the leaves falling etc. there is a lot of speckled sunlight which is tricky to shoot in, and I also played around with shooting in bright sunlight, which I usually try to avoid.
These pics didn't turn out as good as the last ones because I didn't have the girls in cute outfits really, and they were also being pretty uncooperative! But I figured I'd share them anyways---enjoy!
![]() |
| Playing with the sun again haha |
![]() |
| It was really hard trying to shoot in the bright morning sun! |
![]() |
| I was really happy with the lighting/coloring/focus in this pic--and so of course she couldn't be smiling! |
Tried another vintage edit---by this time they were not happy with pictures anymore haha
![]() |
| The hat I made her last year still fits well! |
![]() |
| Photoshoots are hard work---time for a nap! |
And lastly, today was a preschool day so here's what Raya wore! (And you should know that I had an adorable fall outfit planned and suddenly while making Lee's lunch Raya comes running out dressed and I'm like "What the heck?!" ...she said "Daddy let me pick!" ....ummmmm, Lee, it's a stinkin' preschool day and you let her wear a faded Minnie shirt and tight black leggings a size too small LOL. I did make her add the skirt so that her big old tush wasn't hanging out all day ;-) I thought the green frog socks she picked were a nice touch :-P
That's all I have today--have a great Thursday everyone!













Love your photos! Next time your in Des Moines, you should take my family photos :)
ReplyDeleteYour photos are looking awesome! I'm jealous of your Fall weather, we are creeping back up to the mid 90s!
ReplyDeleteThe pictures turned out cute. I love the vintage looking ones. I can't wait for dslr battery charger to come in the mail so I can start taking good pics of my girls again. Good luck this weekend
ReplyDeleteDressy outfits or not - they're still great pictures!!!
ReplyDeleteI like the vintage ones the best - but I also absolutely love the colors with her bright pink hat. They turned out gorgeous!
Also - I love Raya's preschool outfit pictures. I really should do something similar for Averie - she has so many outfits that she only wears a couple of times before she outgrows them that are freaking adorable! but I have a feeling she'd do the same as Raya and veto my outfit choices and force go with her favorite mishmash of clothing :)
You are doing such a great job on your photos! And, can I just say Brielle's eyelashes are gorgeous?
ReplyDeleteSeriously, you have a busy weekend! I would consider you a professional! :)
Beautiful pictures!!!!
ReplyDeletePics look great!!!!!! I agree, Brielle has the prettiest lashes!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Grama F
Shawna, you did so great today with Charlee!!! Thanks again for taking our photos!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks, and you're very welcome! :-)
Delete