However this year things have changed---suddenly their feet are fitting into shoes...even sandals! Yay :-) We still can't do any sort of flop flop or sandal where something goes between their toes, but we're getting better.
My philosophy on shoes is to go as cheap. as. possible. My girls tend to trash shoes. They don't really have any resale value when we are done and I am not a "shoe person" who appreciates name brand shoes. So this year our stash has been Payless and Target. Payless is amazing for kid's shoes. They hold up great and are cheap! I'd much rather get multiple cheap pairs of shoes to match many outfits, as opposed to one or two expensive pairs. Maybe if I had a boy I'd just do one nice pair...
So here's what I have right now...tags and receipts still on because I might change my mind.
![]() |
| Raya picked these are Target---LOVE. They didn't have Brielle's size though! If by chance I stumble across a size 6 at another Target I might get them. |
And lastly, these beauties...
Here is what I posted on Facebook yesterday about the above shoes:
"Oops, my genius plan has backfired! Brielle is OBSESSED with Dora and many times has tried to get my to buy Dora shoes at various stores (looking cute and hugging the box, etc. lol). However I knew if I bought some she'd only ever wear those, and frankly I despise the typical tennis shoe with a giant cartoon face on them! So I was thrilled at Target today to discover adorable shoes were Dora was *inside* the shoe haha...Brielle got her Dora shoes and I never have to see Dora's face b/c her foot's covering it. Fast forward though and now for the last hour we've taken off our shoes approx. every 2 seconds to admire Dora's face haha."
![]() |
| I paid $5 extra for the Dora picture lol...at least I have a very happy girl now! ;-) |
I think the only shoes we actually still *need* are water shoes for the pool.
So anyways, what do *you* guys do for shoes? How many pairs do you aim for and do you think I'm missing anything? I know we don't really have any tennis shoes, but in the summer we don't wear socks, so tennis shoes are pretty much out. My girls can play on the playground in sandals just fine and they don't do any real sports right now where tennis shoes are a must. We do have some tennis shoes packed away in bigger sizes for Raya when she starts doing gym at school, etc.
Happy Thursday everyone! We'll end with a couple quick pics of my cuties today...
![]() |
| These are leftover winter shoes that will also be "play" now |
![]() |
| And a random pic from yesterday----Raya found a misc. picture laying around the house and insisted on posing with it hahaha |









cute sandals. I got the girls a really cute pair of black sandals from Target the other day. And for Kaylee's birthday I found a pair of white ones at WalMart. We do cheaper shoes to cause they thrash them or outgrow them.
ReplyDeleteMy girls don't have much black in their wardrobe for some reason, so I didn't pay much attention to the black sandals when I was at Target. I really wished we had black shoes this winter though---we never did!
DeleteLove the shoes!! I am a shoe nut, but Savanna is a HARD play kid. I used to put her in the cutesie shoes, and she kept falling and getting hurt at school. Her teachers basically told me to send her in tennis shoes every day. Nuts. So, I do buy her some cute sandals and things for weekends, but most of her outfits are ruined by ugly tennis shoes and socks. :(
ReplyDeletehaha...darn teachers ruining her stylish look! ;-)
DeleteWe don't even do shoes at this point. HA! Marcus just takes them off. Hey, if the kid wants to go barefoot and save me some dough, find by me.
ReplyDeleteWhen he gets a little older the shoe situation will certainly change. I have a feeling we will have several trashed shoes. More likely than not, Target and Payless will be our staple "shoe stores."
My girls never went through that stage---they've always been huge shoe fans for some reason lol
Deleteloving the sandals!! your girls are precious
ReplyDeletenew follower
joanna-dan.blogspot.com
Thanks for stopping by---I'll check out your blog!
Deletelooking gorgeous and I love your shoe selections!!! I already have several summer shoes for my big girl and it's hard to stop. I too am of the 'cheap shoe' philosophy, but keep finding that the cheapies rub her feet and leave blisters, boo, so I'm going for the pricier, better made shoes and buying way LESS of them... Whatever works, right?!
ReplyDeleteYeah, we've had some cheapies that seem pretty uncomfortable. I'm a little worried about the colorful Payless ones, but we'll see. The padded strap ones are always a favorite for my girls---they never rub!
Deletelove all the shoes!!! Really love Rayas with the flowers, must find a pair for Brielle!!!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Grama F
Kyla has her pink Nike's that I got with some Kohl's cash. She's wearing them now, but they're size 7 so they're a tad big so they should be good all summer. My mom got her a pair of white Carter's sandals that aren't that nasty plastic, but seem like they will be pretty comfy. She also has a dressier navy blue pair that I got from Gymboree to go with a bunch of the Nautical line stuff I got her. And she has a cheap pair of Old Navy flip flops with the back on them and I have no clue if she'll wear them with the thing in between the toe. We'll see I guess!
ReplyDeleteOh yeah, I ordered a few things from Old Navy (Kase needed bigger jeans) so I got her a pair of the mary jane croc like things. So she is probably set, but I'm loving those pastel sandals from Payless so we might needs those ;)
I almost bought those Old Navy crocs! I wasn't sure if they'd work as a pool shoe---they are super cute
DeleteEmma has way more shoes than I can even begin to count! LOL My mother is really weird when it comes to shoes. I always buy cheap. Target mostly. However, whenever my mother comes to visit, she always ends up at a shoe store buying Emma shoes like Keens, Nikes, Crocs, Pumas, Merrills. But as I've told her, if she wants to buy them, than have at it. I'm not spending that kind of money. haha But the good thing is, Emma is really gentle on shoes. So all her shoes that she outgrows goes to my cousins little girl. =) I LOVE the shoes that you said Raya picked out at Target....they are super cute! I'll have to see if they have a size 11 or 12 for Emma at our Target =)
ReplyDeleteYeah, Raya is horribly hard on the toes of her shoes. Sandals fair a little better since they have open toes, but closed toe shoes take a beating haha.
DeleteMy Target had size 11! They had like every size *except* the 6 Brielle needed lol.
Cute shoes! I buy most of our summer sandals at TJ Maxx now. They are adorable and SO cheap!
ReplyDeleteOh, and each girl usually has about 8 pairs per season. I only buy 1 pair of tennis shoes for each,and only in the Fall/Winter. My son only has 3 or 4 pairs of shoes per season. It's not as much fun buying for him!
ReplyDelete