This afternoon was Raya's first dance class....and let's just say she LOVED it!
 |
| I told her to do a ballerina pose---clearly this kid is a natural ;-) |
She is required to wear a pink leotard, pink tights, and pink shoes---so I ordered all that through the studio today during class and she will be able to pick it up at next week's lesson. Don't worry, I'll have her model it!! For today I just dug for some things in our closet to create something that was slightly ballerina-ish, so that we could get some first day of class pictures :-P (She did tell me this wasn't very pretty LOL...she was expecting the pink leotard I think ;-)
 |
| Look at that balance |
Parents aren't allowed in the dance room during the lesson, but Raya didn't mind! She ran right in and within 15 seconds was "dancing" with the other little girls (and one boy ;-) in her class. I think there are 9 of them today in her section. I did peek in the window once at the beginning and saw her doing stretches---so was too cute. There is a family observation day in like Oct. I think when I can watch the class and take photos, so stay tuned!
After class Raya ran out to me and her cheeks were all red...you could see she had gotten quite a workout dancing! I was so glad she loved it. And after class she told me "one girl stopped dancing and stood there" ...and I said "oh, why?" and Raya said "because she was tired. I didn't stop though....I just looked at the girl and kept dancing!" She's quite dedicated already---or simply excited to tattle on someone else ;-)
 |
| We had to do ballerina hair as well. Raya LOVES hairspray haha...she should have been born in the south I think ;-) She gets so excited for me to spray her down and then she "pat pat pats" her head until it's perfect. She usually finishes with a look in the mirror and declaration "I look AWESOME!" |
After class we went and had DQ icecream. She was eating her icecream and said that this was the best day ever LOL. I had to quickly explain that *every* Friday after dance class will NOT be icrecream ...only today since it was a special first day!
Then when she got home she told Daddy all about class and gave it a thumbs up!
 |
| (That's her thumbs up, in case it was unclear ;-) |
 |
| Glad you enjoyed your day Miss Raya! Mama is happy to slave away in the Etsy sweat shop a little extra to pay for what is sure to be your first class on the way to becoming a prima ballerina <3 |
And just as an extra bonus, today Raya wanted to dress up in some winter attire...we're both excited for cold weather clothes! This vest she wore last year, but it's still plenty big! She wanted her owl hat to top it off too. I think we'll pair this look with jeggings and brown boots...she is too stylish ;-)
 |
| Sassy pants ;-) I've got other pics from this "shoot" to share later! |
So in conclusion we have dance class, hairspray, dress up, photoshoots, and sassy poses---I think it's safe to say I got my girlie girl---and I'm loving it!!!
I'm so glad to hear that Raya loves dance!!!! And the pictures are adorable!! =)
ReplyDeleteCute pictures. Glad she had a good time. Love that last outfit
ReplyDeleteWay to go Raya!!! I can't wait to see her in action!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Grama F
Isn't it so fun having a girlie girl? She is seriously so stinkin' cute!
ReplyDelete