One example was last night after I cut her hair. When I was finished she demanded to look in the mirror---at which point she said "I look so different! I'm so pretty!" and then she twirled and stared at her reflection ---no joke.
This morning I told her it was time to get dressed, and since it's a little cooler out we put on one of her fall outfits---nothing new, all stuff she wore last spring. But I was happy to get the jeggings out again haha. Well Raya immediately said that since it was raining she needed her boots, and she proceeded to pick out rain boots that coordinated perfectly, and then she said "these are perfect!" and pranced around the house. And she was right---they were the perfect addition to her ensemble :-)
![]() |
| She was telling me how she was going to splash in puddles---her favorite thing to do |
![]() |
| Rockin' that new bob today! |
![]() |
| Goofy girl |
Leave it to Miss Raya---food is always on her mind! I think she's going to have to pick between her love of food and her love of fashion soon----because sadly the two don't go together very well haha.
So we did go into town....just to play at the mall and I needed some onesies for my Etsy shop (which is now reopened again by the way----check it out here! No Paparazzi Please )
Well while out I of course just wanted to window shop all the adorable fall/winter fashions they are starting to bring out ....and while in Children's Place Miss Brielle, believe it or not, made her first fashion decision haha. She found a pumpkin hat and put it on her head, and then proceeded to yell "hat! hat!" and if I tried to take it off her head she cried "no, mine! Hat!" hahaha. It was so stinkin' cute. (why is that sort of thing cute when they are little, and not when they're older? haha). Well I do love a good pumpkin hat for fall and the one she wore last year is way too small, so I told her she could get it. At which point Raya was devasted that they didn't come big enough for her (luckily Brielle has a small head so she can still wear them in the infant section!) ....so then Raya found the hats in the older section and found a purple owl hat and put it on and then said "this one....this one is perfect mommy" lol...I have no idea where the new "this is perfect" phrase came from!
But anyways, alas we left with this:
A day spent in town and only buying two cheapy hats is good in my book! Thank goodness my Etsy shop is going again---and the mustache shirts are flying off my shelves ;-)
So anyways, since I (painfully) exercised self control while out today I decided to do some virtual personal shopping for you all haha. Here are some of the looks I'm drooling over for Miss Raya:
![]() |
| Everything from old navy. So far old navy has the cutest stuff out in my opinion! I'm in love with yellow right now. And Raya really prefers to wear dresses and leggings more than anything else. |
And lastly, I've been looking at a website where people talk about kid fashion and post pictures of their kids wearing the clothes....to help others see what it looks like in real life and get an idea of fit. Anyways, it's fun to see the cute stuff and drool over these people who either have huge credit card bills, or are insanely rich LOL.
Here are some Gymboree outfits people put together, that I love!! Maybe I'll eventually find these in my favorite secondhand store next year ;-)
I also like these---the one on the right is Crazy 8s owl line out right now---I can afford Crazy 8 so I might watch for sales and buy some ;-)
Hope you all enjoyed our fashion finds today! haha. Sorry boys, if you're looking for tips I would suggest jeans and a rotation of tshirts and button ups---you're all screwed based on what I saw out lol ;-)
Maybe later this week I'll do a virtual fashion show of things I wish I could buy Brielle!













I almost did a preschool clothes post for tomorrow. Hehe. Loving all the stuff from old navy, so cute. Gymboree has adorable outfits but they are so expensive. I'll have to check out crazy8.
ReplyDeletelol...great minds think alike! Yes, Old navy has adorable stuff out and reasonable prices. I can't believe how expensive Gymboree stuff is to start! I sometimes find good sales, but usually I buy it second hand. Crazy 8 is great---watch for the sales and it's cheap!
DeleteI just ordered some things online from Old Navy over the weekend and I wanted that owl shirt for R, but unfortunately she has grown out of the toddler stage of clothes. :(
ReplyDeleteRaya did look super cute in her outfit, and W is the same way... ALWAYS hungry. Actually Joe's grandma & grandpa said they are changing her name to hungry because she has constantly said it while they have been out here. :)
Bummer! It's sad when they outgrow a section and then the thing you want is in the other size!
DeleteI just ordered a ton of stuff from Old Navy online the other night! I'm loving their stuff out right now. And I had a coupon so it brought my price down to really cheap, which is even better!!! =) I love the yellow and grey dress from Old Navy you posted...but Emma is getting out of the "T" section and into the girls section. Kinda makes me sad. But I wonder if that dress would still look good a little shorter with leggings? What do you think? =)
ReplyDeleteI will say they run LONG....I bet you could get away with it! :-) I held up the 4T to Raya today in the store and normally she can sometimes get away with a 5T, but in that dress the 4T was mid calf...so plenty long and big.
DeleteJealous of your coupon! I never get them anymore for some reason!
That is good to know! I'm going to have to make another order tonight to Old Navy! LOL =)
DeleteI just love Rayas' hair!!!! That style is "perfect" for her!!! She probably got that word from me, I'm always telling the babies they are perfect!!!!!! I'm afraid you guys are going to out grow that house soooooon with the girls wardrobes!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Grama F
I am currently online looking at old navy now for the girls... thanks for that! hahaha :)
ReplyDeleteLOL...happy to help! ;-)
DeleteI love the rain boots and the hair cut! I have been in the mood to go shopping so bad the last couple of days. I think I'm going to venture out this weekend to Old Navy and there's a new Carter's store right next door now. The closest Children's Place is like 45 minutes away so I might skip that for now. The only problem is we get so many clothes from Gianna that Tyler thinks I shouldn't buy Kyla anything new. But it's so much fun! I love that we get hand-me-downs, but I still gotta buy a few things :)
ReplyDeleteJust buy a few things and tell him they were hand-me-downs....he'll never know! ;-)
Delete