Second, one suggestion was to join my blogger friend over at Constant Chatter for Thankful Thursday---so here we go :-)
*I'm thankful for this fall-ish weather we are having right now! After an insanely hot and dry summer the weather has turned cooler and I love having my windows open again.
*I'm thankful that the weather is supposed to stay nice and should be wonderful when we go to the State Fair on Saturday (that's the plan anyways :-)
* I'm thankful for my girls (always!) , and especially for Raya keeping me laughing all the time. Today while I was in the shower Raya decided to style herself and came out in the black tutu from her Halloween costume last year, and a too small shirt on backwards. She thought she looked GORGEOUS :-)
![]() |
| She wanted to "jump" |
* I'm thankful that my mom takes the girls on Thursdays, and today I'm actually getting some cleaning done! I thought I better snap a picture though to prove that I actually picked up, because we all know the second the girls come back home this is all going to hell in a handbag ;-)
* I'm thankful that my hands are starting to feel better! Brielle has been throwing big tantrums when I try to buckle her in the car, and that is one thing that has gotten my wrists all inflamed from my arthritis---trying to wrestle her into the buckles. Well when I had Sawyer and Harper I was driving with them too and everytime I had to hook and unhook Sawyer's carseat (we all know how tricky those buckles can be!) he would laugh and *scream* "you're touching my weiner Shawna!" OMG. Boys and their potty talk, but also nothing like a kid screaming out in public places that you are grabbing them haha. I kept saying "no sawyer, I"m just trying to get your seatbelt---don't say that!" (and then I crawled in a hole and died :-P)
*I'm thankful that my Etsy shop picked right back up where I left off for the most part, even after being on vacation for over a month. Check out my planner---all my weeks are filling up quickly!
Speaking of my Etsy shop, my friend Mary suggested I could blog a bout how my Etsy shop came about...so I will! :-) Basically after Raya was born I discovered etsy and started drooling over all the cute stuff. I bought a couple hats and some ruffle pants and quickly decided that I could easily go broke shopping there haha. So since I had crocheted in the past I decided to pick that up again and crochet my own hats. And then I decided to try my hand at appliquing shirts, because I figured how hard could it be?! haha. So when Raya was about 10 months I started making her stuff and sooner realized that it was cute enough that I thought people would pay for it....and I decided what's the worst that could happen from trying? So I opened my shop and the rest is history. My goal in the beginning was just to make enough profit that I could then continue buying Raya stuff on Etsy without feeling guilty....but now my shop is doing pretty well and is actually a decent supplemental income as far as part time jobs go. (And the name No Paparazzi Please came about because I would often dress Raya and then say "oh, she's so cute I'm going to have to fight off the paparazzi when we go out!" ....so I decided to name my store No Paparazzi Please, with the tag line "clothes so cute your kid will draw crowds" :-) DON'T MISS MY POST FROM EARLIER TODAY ANNOUNCING MY BACK TO SCHOOL SALE GOING ON NOW!
* I"m thankful for my house---can you believe our one year anniversary of buying this house is coming up in early Oct.? I feel like we should throw the house a little party hehe.
* I'm thankful for Diet Coke.
* I'm thankful that my blogger friend Bri had her baby yesterday--a boy! If you read her blog you know she's been on bedrest for like 10 weeks and it's been a really hard pregnancy....but little Leland was born yesterday and was a big boy for being born early--he's super cute too :-) Go over there and say congrats!
* I'm thankful that Lee seems to have our mouse problem fixed now! We had two mice in our garage (pretty sure that's an infestation!) and so a few days ago Lee bought new traps and taught Raya how to bait them with tootsie rolls lol. We haven't seen anymore mice!
*I'm thankful for another year staying at home with my girls! Schools around here started back up this week....and although being a SAHM is hard, I'd be totally lying if I said I wanted to start getting up early, taking the girls to daycare, and dealing with all the other headaches of being a working mom. Not sure how many more years I'll be staying home, so I'm going to enjoy each one while I can!
*I'm thankful for back-to-school sales lol. Crazy 8 has had an owl line out for awhile now, which of course I had my eye on ;-) My friend Terri even texted me one day to make sure I had seen it! Well yesterday when we went to the Children's museum I saw that Crazy 8 had a new fall line out, which pushed the owl line into the sale section....and on top of that I had a 20% off coupon! I could have bought the whole line with all the owl cuteness, but I limited myself to two outfits :-0








Great things to be thankful for. Those outfits for raya are adorable.
ReplyDeleteBri's baby boy is adorable!!
I love the girls room!!! It is soooo cute! And the outfits from Crazy 8 are super cute! =)
ReplyDeleteThanks!
DeleteLoved this post! And I'm hoping to make an Etsy order soon! I just have to convince the hubby that my kids need them! Ha!
ReplyDeleteJust try what I do---tell him "oh, these aren't new---they were baby gifts/birthday gifts/christmas gifts" LOL ;-)
DeleteI'm thankful for this cooler weather too! I love the girls' bedroom! And I can't wait to be able to drink caffeine again. I miss my regular soda! And I'm going to check out Crazy 8 right now! Love the owl stuff!
ReplyDeleteIf you end up finding s tuff you want at Crazy 8 you should pick up a Family Fun magazine...they have gymboree and Crazy 8 coupons for 20% off in there....so 20% off the sale price which more than pays for the magazine and still leaves you with a good deal if you order multiple items :-)
DeleteI too am thankful for Thursdays when I get to have all my grandbabies together!!!! I just love to hear them talk and watch them play!!!!! Love the owl outfits!! Also thought Raya did a fine job picking out her outfit!!!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Grama F