So Friday evening the girls got dressed and we headed down to watch the big King and Queen competition. I use the word "competition" loosely though, because it consists of 4 year olds who live in the town getting up on stage and then names are drawn out of a hat randomly to choose the big winners ;-) And guess what?! Our very own Sawyer was chosen as runner up King! (or as first loser as some were saying lol). Anyways, he got a special sash and kept telling everyone he won....so he was quite exccited haha. Then the kids all rode rides and topped the night off with corndogs!
Here are some pictures of Raya struttin' her stuff before we left Friday evening---she was looking adorable, as always!
![]() |
| Rest assured she did *not* wear those boots out! haha |
![]() |
| Bustin' a dance move ;-) |
Then this morning I had breakfast with the 4 cutest kids in Iowa!
![]() |
| I guess Harper doesn't let Emily do her hair at home, but when she work up this morning the first thing she said was "TWO ponytails Shawna!" haha....good choice Harper, good choice :-) |
And then this morning we headed to the parade---Sawyer actually rode in the parade with the other King and Queen contestants.
There he is!
![]() |
| Sawyer's cousin (on his other side of the family) is the cutie in front wearing the hat :-) |
![]() |
| Grandma is getting everyone set up with their candy catchin' bags! |
![]() |
| Fill 'em up! |
![]() |
| ....still need more candy |
![]() |
| Harper gave up the candy catching early, and was content to sit alone and eat her goodies LOL |
![]() |
| This was Raya's dress in case it looks familiar to long time readers :-) |
![]() |
| Watching the parade! |
![]() |
| Brielle kept handing mom a peice of candy to open, and mom kept putting it back in the bag....finally Brielle just threw her bag on the ground in disgust and stared at it haha. |
![]() |
| She got her jelly beans....success! |
![]() |
| Pretty girl :-) |
![]() |
| Grandma and the King after the parade! |































Looks like you guys had a great time!! I love hometown celebrations! Ours is at the end of September! Can't wait for it! =)
ReplyDeleteHow fun. I wish we had fun things like this in our town.
ReplyDeleteIt was good seeing you! I still laugh about how i thought to myself "raya has that tunic" and low and behold, it was raya! Your girls were cute as always! I really do love the monogram bows. Where did you get them again?
ReplyDeleteGood seeing you too!
DeleteThe bows were from the shop "belovedbows" on Etsy :-)
I just love having all my family close!!!!! I have the cutest grandbabies!!!!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Grama F
Looks like you had a great time! I hadn't even thought about the parade, but that would have been a great activity for the kids. Can't believe how big everyone is getting!
ReplyDelete