So Wednesday afternoon we took off and drove to Lee's parent's house to spend the night. It splits up the drive to St. louis nicely that way. We knew that Lee's brother and family were planning to come back Friday for a wedding, but thought we'd be missing them. Then to our surprise we found out that they'd be there Thursday morning, so we got to spend an hour or so with them before we left!
![]() |
| Ryan is 8 months old now...and officially bigger than Brielle! :-) |
![]() |
| He wasn't so sure about Uncle Lee at first...it's been a couple months since we saw him last! |
![]() |
| But then Lee won him over! |
![]() |
| He wasn't a fan of me stealing him from his mom either |
![]() |
| But we won him over (for a second) with the ball! |
Ok, so then Thursday we drove the rest of the way to St. Louis. Our first stop was the Cheesecake factory--yum! I love that place and we don't have any near us...the closest is like 3 hours away. Then we did a little shopping and continued on to the hotel. I honestly can't remember what all we did the rest of Thursday haha...we swam and did the hot tub at the pool (pretty much every day! Lee says we're getting a hot tub for our patio haha)...we also bought some new Cardinals stuff for the games (I got a new tank top and tshirt)...we drove around St. Louis, etc.
Friday morning we did the Botanical Gardens. They had a Japanese lantern theme going one there right now. It was really pretty, but HOT. So I appologize for our sweaty appearance :-P
We took our camera remote so we were able to get a few pics. But we were limited because I told Lee not to bring the tripod because I didn't want to mess with carrying it. Plus there are only so many pics you can take of yourself ;-)
After the Gardens we ate lunch in basically like a "little italy" neighborhood. The we went to have frozen custard at Ted Drewes. Apparently it's a well known place that Lee knew of. And OMG I had the best dessert my lips have tasted I think haha...it was a peice of apple crisp on the bottom, with custard on top, drizzled with caramel and nuts etc. It was heaven.
![]() |
| Lee got a raspberry shake |
Saturday we slept in (no kids, gotta sleep!) and then drove around a bit before having lunch at Hard Rock Cafe. After that we went to the St. Louis Science Center (it was geared towards kids, which we knew...we'll have to take our girls back some time)....but t he reason we were there was to see The Dark Knight Rises in the Omnimax theater....so good! Lee hates seeing normal movies because we have a big tv and surround sound at home, so he thinks it's a waste of money to go anywhere....but obviously we don't have an Omnimax ;-) I'd been to one in college and lee had been to one a long time ago, but never to see a full length feather film. It definitely took a little bit for our eyes to adjust to the giant dome screen (I mean seriously, bat man's face surrounding you in a giant dome haha...kinda weird ;-) ....but after a few minutes our eyes had adjusted and I only had to look away for 10 minutes during the really intense fighting scenes because it was making me motion sick haha. But for an almost 3 hour movie I consider only 10 minutes pretty good!
After the movie we had to go back to the hotel really quick and change for the 2nd Cardinals game. This night we had row 6 seats (behind the green seats)!
![]() |
| They had a little opening ceremony for the anniversary of the 1982 world series title |
Saturday wasn't nearly as hot and we won again :-) And more good ballpark food haha.
Sunday we had to head back home! (Oh, and during all of our driving, etc. I wanted a book to read...so before we left I decided to give into the craze and read the Shades of Grey series, which I downloaded to my nook. And let me just say, there are a hell of a lot of kinky, sinful people out there reading to make this such a bestseller!!! :-0 LOL...but it definitely is a quick read and I just have the last half of the 3rd book left to read ;-)
And while we were gone I had my parents take pictures of the girls' fun...so here ya go!
Thursday they played with Sawyer and Harper...
![]() |
| Playing with one of my mom's two dollhouses--spoiled! |
Funny story about t he mall....my mom was going to buy Raya some flip flops she said, because Raya always wonders why Sawyer has flip flops and she doesn't (which is because she refuses to wear them and most don't fit her feet right ;-) ....but anyways, my mom said she was trying to get Raya to get some *pink* flip flops, and they were looking around...and they got to one store and were asking the sales lady who I guess found some *purple* flips flops. My mom told Raya something like "oh, well Raya, don't you want *pink* ones?" ....and apparently Raya tried the purple ones on and looked at the saleslady and said "no, these are just perfect!" haha....so Grandma, needless to say, bought her purple flip flops ;-)
![]() |
| My mom bought divided plates to have at her house too! |
![]() |
| My mom said the girls would wake up early and then watch cartoons in her bed...and also watch tv in her bed at night after baths. |
![]() |
| Playing in bed! |
While shopping my mom got Raya some Puma shoes for preschool...honestly Raya doesn't own a single pair of tennis shoes! Only fashion boots and sandals haha. My mom got her the cutest pink and white ones--same ones shown here ....thanks Grandma!
My Aunt Angie gave the girls some dress up clothes that Addie/"Gabby" doesn't use anymore....looks like my dad played too!
Then Sunday my parents ran errands with the girls and they ate lunch at McDonalds and played in the tunnels
And we picked the girls up Sunday afternoon! Raya got a special present from us when we got back :-)
Poor Brielle didn't get anything....Lee said she was too little to know the difference, and thankfully so far she hasn't noticed Raya's new stuff!








































wow it looks like your hubby and you had a great time so lucky !!!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you & the girls both had a good time
ReplyDeleteLove all the photos! I bet the Cardinals games were a blast...even though we are Red Sox fans here =) I bet the girls had a really good time with their grandparents as well =)
ReplyDeleteWhat a great trip, and yay for sleeping in! :)
ReplyDeleteLove Raya's new plate. :)
Boy was I tired, but within an hour of the girls leaving, Dad said you miss the girls don't you!!! I didn't quite know what to do with my free time!!!
ReplyDeleteLove,Grama F
Ryan is so cute. I love his big eyes! Looks like a fun trip (even if my Brewers stink)!
ReplyDeleteI got my goods in the mail the other day. I love them! I can't wait to take a picture of them, but I can't give away the name quite yet :) And there was an extra tie shirt in there? I hope it was meant for me and didn't get in the wrong package. If so, I love it and thank you so much :)
Ha! yes, that was for you :-) I like to use up misc. brand shirts I have laying around by gifting them as tie shirts lol. I thought he could wear it next fall perhaps.
Deletecan't wait for his big reveal after he's born!
And yes, your Brewers stink ;-)
DeleteAww, that was so nice, thank you again! Next fall will probably be perfect! I love Kyla's shirt too, but I have to say, Tyler and I are both LOVING the baby's onesie. It is so perfect! I can't wait to get pictures with both of them in their camo :)
ReplyDeleteYour dad looks awesome with blonde hair. Maybe John should try that look too!
ReplyDeleteSounds like had a really good time. I love those pictures, the one with the big wooden chair especially.
ReplyDelete