So far Raya continues to love dance class. I'm so excited for Brielle to be old enough to join in---once she turns 3!!! I'm thinking about maybe even signing Raya up for tap class next year, because I believe that at age 4 they have a beginner tap class (although I much prefer hip hop or something....I just don't think she's old enough for those classes for a few more years, at this dance studio anyways).
Anyways, on last Friday we had our second parent observation day of the year. The kids have actually improved since then, I was surprised! This class is simply an intro type class so it's not meant to really teach hardcore ballet, but they have learned 1st and 2nd position (I think that's right? haha) and they are doing some balance beam stuff, etc. to work on balance and coordination. It was a fun class to watch!
Here are pictures of my prima ballerina....enjoy!
![]() |
| Running around with another little ballerina before class started....check out Raya's expression hahaha |
![]() |
| Poor Brielle, she wants to join in so bad! |
![]() |
| They let her run around a little before class started too :-P |
![]() |
| A very hyper ballerina! |
![]() |
| Warm up stretches |
![]() |
| Look at Raya take this so seriously!!! LOL She's such a goodie 2 shoes :-P |
![]() |
| The perfect skip! |
![]() |
| One of the "positions" |
![]() |
| The other "position" |
![]() |
| Click on this to enlarge it if you must---you have got to see Raya's "cheese" face! She saw me taking a picture and she stopped what she was doing to pose!!! hahaha...Get back to class Miss Raya ;-) |
![]() |
| Balance beam! The teacher has her arm there just in case for students....Raya was one of only 2 students who never had to grab on! |
![]() |
| The highlight for Brielle was the paper cone cups she got to drink water out of while waiting :-P |
|
| Check out that amazing leap off the balance beam! haha |
![]() |
| Then they were supposed to hop down the line or something and then "leap" over the line. Raya's leaps were hilarious |
![]() |
| Her second leap! |
The best part of the whole thing though was the end...they are supposed to get a sticker and then "curtsey" ....well the little girls in front of her did a proper little curtsey and then Raya goes up there and honestly people, she SQUATTED like she was either about to deliver a baby or go to the bathroom LOL. The teacher laughed and acted like she always does that!
So in summary, Raya is a prima ballerina and has stellar balance beam technique and leaping abilities.....but I'm signing her up for remedial curtsey classes ;-)


















Adorable! I can't go in the class with Lidia, but there is a window on the door so I'm able to spy on her while she's dancing and I love it! Her class is actually a combined ballet/tap class! They only do tap for like 10 min at the end but she still gets a little tap in :) Maybe you could find a combined class?! I LOVE Raya's leotard!!
ReplyDeleteYeah, unfortunately this studio doesn't offer anything combined...I wish they did! But it's like 5 minutes from my house so that trumps finding a different studio lol.
DeleteThanks, it's from Target!
Too cute!! I can't wait for this stuff!
ReplyDeleteToo cute. It looks like she has a blast.
ReplyDeleteI love little ballerinas. I cant wait to get Breanna into dance...I started when I was 3 for 13 years and I am hoping she will enjoy it too!
ReplyDeleteRecitals are the BEST part of it!
Lovely!
ReplyDeleteYou are right, there is nothing much cuter than a little girl in a pink leotard!
ReplyDeleteLove the squatting part! :)
Sooo adorable! I love little pink leotards with the skirts =) Good job Raya!!!
ReplyDeleteShe is the cutest little ballerina I've ever seen. I love how serious she is.
ReplyDeleteOMG!!!!! I have to go watch this in person!!!!!!! I can just see her squatting !!!!!!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Grama F
Hahah dying laughing at the curtsey analogy, she is sweet & I find nothing cuter than a class full of little girls all in pink!!
ReplyDeleteI'm literally laughing out loud right now. Raya cracks me up!
ReplyDeletePoor Brielle. The pictures just show how badly she wants to do all that fun stuff too.
Aww so cute! P took one class and loves it! I feel so bad cuz I have been so busy have not been able to take her back. #BadMom
ReplyDelete