I wasn't really sure what I should blog about for today's link up, and then I decided that since I theoretically will have new readers stopping by today I should probably give a little introduction to my favorite kid's clothing brands, so that you all know what kind of cuteness you can expect to see here if you stick around. (By the way, have you started following my blog yet? You really should! :-)
In general I love kid's clothing way too much to stick to one or two brands. I keep an open mind and am likely to find a cute outfit at Walmart just as easily sometimes as a really pricey brand like Matilda Jane. That said, I do have my favorites, so take a look!
Oh, and in case you haven't met these cuties yet, here are Miss Raya Marie, age 3.5 years, and Miss Brielle, age 2 years (although these pics were taken a few months ago)
Probably my favorite brand right now is Naartjie .....never heard of them? Well seriously, go check them out! Very few stores in the U.S., but you can order online. And frankly the lack of local stores makes me love them even more because you pretty much never see another kid wearing the same outfit. Naartjie is always a show stopper out in public because it's so unique! They tend to do lots of ruffles, layers, bell bottom type pants, etc. And the great thing is that they offer every outfit in about 3-6 color schemes, making it super easy to coordinate the girls in the same outfit, different color :-)(I'm just using old pictures today, so here are a few Naartjie outfits we've had---the upper left corner has the ones we wore for Thanksgiving this year and they were to die for!)
Perhaps my favorite Naartjie outfit though is this throwback to the 80s number...the leggings have attached legwarmers! hehe. (oh, and my girls don't like sharing the spotlight when they model, as you can see)
![]() |
| (Brielle's outfit here was a mix of Gap and Old Navy) |
One of my other favorite brands is from the UK---called NEXT . I've only ordered once, but LOVE the two outfits I got. And again, it's not going to be seen on many other kids since it's from the UK :-P
Here were the girls in their NEXT mouse outfits when we first got them---a little big, but they've since grown into them :-)
My next favorite brand is probably Gap, but I tend to buy older lines used on ebay or other online forums since we don't have an actual store nearby. I loved the Gap outfits they wore to the pumpkin patch this year!
After Gap is probably Gymboree. I do like the "matchy matchy" aspect of Gymboree haha. The downside is that it's more popular and not as unique. However we still get lots of people stopping us on the street when Brielle heads out in her giraffe boots! :-)
We love Gymboree swimsuits too :-)
And of course matching Gymboree holiday pjs---they make for great photo ops!
Of course we like Gymboree's sister company, Crazy 8, as well! These shoes weren't crazy 8 but we must point out the need for cute shoes :-)
And I do also love Target---just wish they wouldn't charge as much as Gymboree when I have very hit and miss luck with Target quality :-/
Mini Boden is one of the newer brands I've experimented with during good sales---very cute stuff! And Tea Collection has the comfiest dresses...
And everyone loves a little Children's Place now and then, right?!
And for every brand I haven't mentioned, don't worry, I still buy you as well if you are cute enough! The middle outfit below was one of my favorites, and it was a Walmart shirt, Babies R Us vest, Target jeans, and Target boots---random but adorable :-)
And lastly, I love me a good custom creation too! In case you are new, you should know that I have an Etsy shop with lots of adorable stuff for sale---check me out here at No Paparazzi Please ! I made the "cute chick" Easter shirts for the girls last year, and they are for sale in my shop now, along with a "chick magnet" shirt for boys---too cute! The "you are my sunshine" outfit was a great seller for me as well, and most recently I made Brielle's birthday tutu! (The crown and shirt though were from other Etsy sellers---I love to support little home businesses!)
So there you have it, a rundown of my favorite brands and an introduction to my two gorgeous girls in case you are new here. Please follow my blog and stay awhile! (And seriously, I have outdone myself on stockpiling items for the upcoming spring/summer season---just you wait, you will not believe the adorable fashion shows that are in store for you in the coming months!!!! hehe :-)
And if you didn't play along this week, you should next week!















Such the little fashionistas!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you!
DeleteYour girls are soo darn cute! I love all the adorable outfits...i Really need to check out that NEXT brand too.
ReplyDeleteYou should! NEXT has adorable boy stuff right up your alley I think :-)
DeleteAAAH LOVE this!!! I have a 6 month old baby girl and am obsessed with baby girl fashion. They are too cute! Would love to link up next Tuesday! New follower!
ReplyDeleteThanks! Yes, you should link up!
DeleteOh I love it!! new follower & your girls are just precious! I can not wait to have a second little one, the matching will be overkill i'm sure!! & I'm excited you gave some new stores for me to check out :)
ReplyDeleteHannah
Thanks! Yes, the matching is always an added bonus :-)
DeleteYour girls are PRECIOUS! I loved all of these pictures so much! I am your newest follower :) Thanks for linking up!
ReplyDeleteThanks! Fun link up :-)
DeleteYour girls are beautiful and quite the tiny fashionista's! Stopping by from the link up, adorable blog!
ReplyDeletehttp://lifeinthesetimesblog.wordpress.com
Thank you!
DeleteWow, you really made us look bad, haha. You went all out! But I love that you shared all your favorites because I haven't even checked out a couple of them! I need to look at Mini Boden I think :)
ReplyDeleteThis was actually much easier than the other options...because I already had all these pictures on my computer and just had to plop them in---I didn't want to actually mess with taking new pics this week! ;-)
DeleteSeriously, the Raya & Brielle couldn't get any cuter! You did a great job with this post =) Totally makes me want to go on another shopping spree for Emma =) haha
ReplyDeleteThanks! Emma needs a shopping spree and then you can post about it and link up next Tuesday :-)
DeleteSuch little fashion icons! Gymboree is one of our favorites too, especially for coordinating outfits for the boys.
ReplyDeleteThanks! Yes, Gymboree has some adorable nautical boys stuff out right now!
Deletelittle divas! they always look so cute, I love coming to see their outfits so I can find new stuff for Breanna!
ReplyDeleteThanks! I'm probably a bad influence haha :-)
DeleteYour girls are always dressed so cute! You know me...I'm always a fan of matching/coordinating outfits! I'll have to participate next week!
ReplyDeleteYou should! I always recognize their cute Gymboree outfits in your posts :-)
DeleteYou seriously have little fashionistas on your hands!!!! I love the way you dress your girls!! I too am obsessed with Etsy!! It used to be a little OOC but I've gotten a handle on it! lol
ReplyDeleteThanks for linking up!! :)
Thanks! It is a super fun link up! And yes, Etsy is dangerous haha :-)
DeleteYour girls are some fashion divas! Thanks for stopping by! I also have Fab Kids Friday on my Facebook page. Feel free to post a pic of your divas!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the Next outfits, never heard of it. Going to have to check out!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing!
Julie
www.thechirpingmoms.com
They are so cute! Found you in the blog hop!!!
ReplyDelete