
Ok, so everyone else has been doing this linky up party....I finally caved in and decided to do it too :-)
1. How long have you been blogging? And what got you started on blogging? Has your blog changed?
I might win the award for doing this the longest haha...before blogging was the cool thing to do. I started in 2004! I had a different blog at that time...and many of my posts were "friends only" protected---because apparently I thought I had all kinds of juicy secrets to blog ;-) I blogged a lot about my college classes, crazy things that happened to me when working at Four Oaks (treatment center for kids with behavior disabilities), etc.
Then when Raya was born I switched to a new blog specifically for her. And then when she was about 1.5 years old I switched yet again to my current blog, still about Raya (and Brielle) but I finally made the jump from using Livejournal to using blogger (which is sooo much better!)
2. Did you go to college? If so where, and what did you study?
Yes, I did my undergraduate degree at the private college here (my mom is a nurse, but she took a job in food service at the college just so my brother and I could attend there for FREE....worked out pretty sweet :-) Once we graduated she went back to nursing. My undergraduate degree was a double major in Psychology and English (yes English....please note that I *never* proofread my blog entries...I just don't have time! ...so poor spelling and grammar is simply because I'm typing fast and not proofing haha) .....then I got a Master's of Education degree at the University of Northern Iowa, and then on top of that I got an Education Specialist degree (to practice as a School Psychologist) ...so I had 7 years of schooling past high school....don't care to ever go back to school again!!! :-P And yes, after 4 years of working as a school psychologist I became a SAHM ....I'll be paying on my student loans for quite some time, but I don't "regret" getting my degree at all. As I always say, it's not like being a SAHM has taken away my degree in any way....it's still there if I ever choose to go back to it! Nice to have options :-)
3. Where have you traveled?
In middle school my family took our one big family vacation---out west to the badlands, Yellowstone, Colorado, etc. Then in high school I went to Germany for 2 weeks with my German Class, and that same summer I went to Washington DC for a week for a youth leadership thingy. In college for one of my English classes we went to England for a month! And then when working as a school psychologist I went with one of my schools to Washington DC again for a week---for a conference, but also sightseeing and such. I have been to Texas for spring break with a former college roommate. And our honeymoon we went out west again to badlands, Yellowstone, etc. Oh, I've also been to Ohio visiting my brother in law/sister in law...and from there we've gone to Niagra Falls/Canada for a day trip. Oh, and in high school we went to Florida and Disney World for a band trip. I think that might be all ;-)
4. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy?
I'd love to buy a big RV and have Lee quit his job so that our family could road trip cross country in luxury hehe.
5. What are your 3 biggest pet peeves?
Frankly I have a lot of pet peeves haha. I'll narrow it down to some of the more "interesting" ones.
Instagram--Seriously, I realize I'm probably the only person on the face of the planet who dislikes this, but instagram photos are not cool haha. They are either boring pictures of food/clothing/buildings/etc. that people try to make cool by putting the instagram effect on them, or they are super cute pictures of kids/pets/events etc. that are ruined by what I think is going to be a very short lived fad! I compare it to looking back at my high school pictures and r eally wishing I hadn't cut them up and scrapbooked them with goofy stickers and such...I just want the normal pictures back. I think people will feel the same way about instagram years later haha (but once again, I realize I'm in the minority here!!!!! :-P)
Laundry--specifically the fact that my husband is incapable of emptying his pockets before putting his pants in the laundry. So then I have to reach my hand into the unknown and pull out dirty kleenex, pens, and random icky things before washing. Not cool! The only plus is that I often find money too---and finders keepers is the rule in this house! :-)
Parents who ignore their kids (monsters) at play areas, parks, etc. ....and let it be known, I'm one of "those" parents who has no problem correcting your child if you aren't paying attention! It drives me crazy when parents are off socializing while their kids run wild and push my kids down or are otherwise mean. I sure do stop those kids and (loudly) correct them so that hopefully their parents hear me! haha
6. What is your favorite movie?
I"m not sure I have a favorite. It's been years since I was "into" movies...I just don't have the attention span anymore or something! If I ever do have a 2 hour chunk to do something like watch a movie I'd usually prefer to be on the computer instead.
7. What is your drink of choice; wine, beer, or liquor. Or Water, Soda, Tea?
Diet Coke----loooooove it. My alcoholic drink of choice is a White Russian, Bloody Mary, or Margarita---depending on my mood.
8. What is something you enjoy to do when you have me time?
Shopping.
9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, which store would it be?
Target! And I'd probably spend at least half on clothes for the girls LOL
10. Share with us an embarrassing moment of your past? Or present.
Ok, so I recently realized I don't think I've shared this story here before. But in college I worked at a gas station right by the college...it was a small gas station---only one employee worked at a time and I usually sat there reading books. Well I was working a Saturday morning at 6am when we opened and I was sitting there reading a book when all the sudden a NAKED MAN came in! I recognized him as a student at the college---let's just say not my first choice of naked man either (long red hair in pony tail, scrawny,....no hottie ;-) ....I was sort of shocked and said "get out!" and he said something like "why?" and I was just like "um, because you are naked and don't have any clothes on!" ....so then he came back a little while later , and I can't remember what he had on but I think he put on shoes and something else---but still naked haha. This went on 3 different times and finally I let him "shop" in boxers and guess what he buys? CONDOMS! haha. I'm dying at this point of course. Well, long story short, I never called the cops because I thought it was some sort of dare or something but then later come to find out he robbed 3 houses or something and was found passed out naked on the last house's porch---he was high on drugs. So I had to go to the police station and give a statement and the cops (who I knew) watched the gas station's sercurity video for evidence and all had a good laugh at my face as I was dealing with naked man haha :-P
11. What day would you love to relive again?
As other's have said, the birth of my daughters. Nothing quite like that day!
12. If your life was turned into a movie... what actor would play you?
Maybe Katie Holmes? I love her.
13. What are the jobs you had in high school/college/the early years?
I babysat full time every summer and pretty much every weekend since I was about 12 years old all through high school! I was a very sought after sitter :-) My very first baby graduates high school next year I believe---so I definitely feel old! One summer in high school I worked at Hardees with my brother and a bunch of friends, but every other summer I nannied. In college I was a tour guide for the college one summer, I was also a tutor in the writing center during the school year, and I worked at Four Oaks (for behavior disorders), and at the gas station. I worked a lot in college! Then in graduate school I had an assistantship with a professor helping him conduct studies on elementary students and math.
14. Show us a picture from high school or college.
I don't have old pictures on my computer. The best I can do is this picture of me holding my puppy Griffin right after I got him--I was technically in grad school so it counts as college right? haha. How cute was Griffin?!
15. If you could travel anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go?
Australia I think.
16. Show us the most current picture of you or you, or your family, or anything of meaning to you.
You've all seen my recent family pics---so how about a couple wedding pics? :-) Our 5 year anniversary is coming up this fall and I just was looking through my pics the other day to find some to print.
![]() |
| It was really overcast on our wedding, but it never rained on us during pictures luckily! |
17. Where do you see your life 5 years from now?
I would love to maybe work as a school psych 2 days a week(mostly just for retirement benefits), and then do Etsy/photography/and whatever else interests me the rest of the time! Keep my summers off and have freedom to help at the girls' school.....and just have tons of fun with my family!




Wow you have been blogging for a long time. I remember when I started blogging on livejournal and you were my only follower besides my family. I'm one of those ppl who loves instagram...LOL. I don't really use the effects that often. I could probably spend half of $10k on clothes for the girls too
ReplyDeleteThe pressure was on to do this post - ha! :)
ReplyDeleteYou have been blogging along time!
I almost threw up picturing that naked kid coming in to the gas station and then to see what he shopped for... eew!
Love your wedding pictures, especially that last one! Your eyes really stick out in that first one; so pretty!
I completely agree with Instragram. I just don't get it. So you're not alone there :)
ReplyDeleteAnd since I started taking Kyla to Toddler Time, I agree with the mom's that don't watch their kids. There are some little stinkers! They probably think I'm the annoying mom who won't leave her kid's side, but I've seen her get pushed at the top of a play thing and I'm not about to let her fall off the side.
How fun! I might have to jump on the bandwagon and do this too, if you don't mind. Thanks for posting it!
ReplyDeleteStopping by from the link up! LOVE Diet Coke!! (Surprisingly I haven't seen too many people that like it lately!)Love your wedding dress!
ReplyDeleteI also love that wedding pic that shows your pretty blue eyes! To think you did your own hair and makeup, and dress was under $200. and was one of the prettiest brides ever!!!
ReplyDeleteLove,Grama F