We got this system for $60....so we're not talking imported cherry wood or anything LOL....but I love how it turned out! The closet before worked just fine for Raya, but I knew we definitely needed more *hanging* space when they shared....this works perfectly! I was able to fit all of their stuff in this closet. The only things that don't fit are their winter coats/snowpants and their socks and underwear. I just have their winter coats in another closet and ended up using their pink nightstands (each has two drawers) to store socks and underwear (one drawer for each :-)
Brielle won't move into the room until after age 2 (unless she starts climbing out of her crib before then!) but I did combine their closets this weekend now that we have this organized. Makes putting a way their laundry, and getting them dressed, much easier when it's all together!
Raya is so pumped about having her clothes where she can reach them....she's already mentioned picking out her own clothes (uh-oh!) so I better set some ground rules fast haha.
So check out their new closet!
^^^ Right now I have Raya's clothes hanging on the bottom, and Brielle's on top. When Brielle is old enough to want her clothes at her level I'll let them each have a side....some top, some bottom.
On the right hand side is their current season clothes....that side is bigger than the left side, so it works well. The left side is their out of season stuff, that fits. All of their out of season stuff that is too big or small is in storage.
There is some empty space right now because their clothes aren't very long, but obviously as they get bigger their clothes do too, so we had to leave space for them to grow into the closet so to say.
The shoe rack on the right actually didn't come w ith the system we bought---it was what I had their dollhouse sitting on--but Brielle had been climbing it to get to the dollhouse so we put the dollhouse on the floor and moved the shoe rack into the closet---looks like it came with it!
On the left, on the floor, I had some wire racks that I put over there to store hats and accessories.
The center shelving will change depending on the season, but for now it's all their swimsuits on top, below that is Raya's skirts, then Brielle's pjs (the biggest shelves are for pjs because when it's winter and we pull out the heavy fleece footies they will take up more room!), then Raya's jeans/shorts, then Raya's leggings, and on the bottom is Raya's pjs. (All of Brielle's leggings, skirts, jeans are on the shelf on the left hand side).
![]() |
| The shoe rack is for shoes worn often or without shoe boxes. |
So how stinking exciting is that?! My little fashionistas now have the perfect closet ;-) This will also be nice for sharing clothes and will make it easy for Raya to pass things right over to Brielle's side of the closet when she outgrows them (when Brielle is a little older and closer in size to Raya of course)
Raya loved helping me move her stuff into the new closet...check out this look she put together with things she found!
![]() |
| She also pick this out! haha |
![]() |
| Completely unrelated note, Brielle loves to sweep! |
![]() |
| Good work Missy :-) |
Lastly, yesterday we went to a local county fair---it's actually a pretty big county fair (they had Toby Keith and Blake Shelton for performers so pretty decent :-) ....now unfortunately we couldn't go to the concerts with our munchkins (they would never sit that long!) but we had lots of fun riding carnival rides, eating fair food (Raya loves the funnel cakes and Brielle loved the icecream!), and seeing the animals (Raya sat and watched a whole calf show---she likes cows :-) So we had a great day, even without my nifty new closet haha
Hope you all are having a great weekend too!







This is awesome! I can't believe you got all that for $60!!
ReplyDeleteThanks! We got this system at Menards, but I'm sure any home improvement store has similiar. My husband said it was a pain to put together, so I'm sure the low price means they shorted us on good directions LOL...but he figured it out :-)
DeleteI need to get something like this for the girls since all 3 of them will be sharing one closet until we move. Looks good
ReplyDeleteThanks! Yes, with 3 sharing a closet you definitely need something like this!
DeleteThis is exactly what I want to do in the boys' room at our new house. Thanks for the inspiration!
ReplyDeleteI bet you are so super excited to start decorating and organizing the new place! :-)
DeleteWOW!!! I'm impressed, does Lee hire out!!!! Love that Raya wants to pick out her clothes!!!!Hey you know ther are child labor laws, poor Brielle, chores and she's not even two!!!!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Grama F
We just have to teach Raya to do dishes and laundry and I'll be set :-)
DeleteSuper jealous! We have such small closests in our house. Maybe someday i'll be able to convince my husband that we should build a new house with big closests and more than one bathroom!! =)
ReplyDeleteOh man, one bathroom won't be very fun when Emma is older! haha.
DeleteVery nice! We will definitely be getting one of these for Kyla's closet soon (hopefully sooner rather than later). Don't laugh at me, but I ended up putting our extra changing table that we got from my brother in the baby's closet. It fits really nicely in there and is perfect for storage!
ReplyDeleteKyla loves to sweep too. And she really loves to empty the dishwasher!
I love Raya's fashion choices :)
I love it! I have been looking into getting a closet organizer for this baby since we don't have a lot of room in there, but then I wonder if I should wait since we want to buy again soon... once we can start looking. :)
ReplyDelete