So I've been trying to learn a lot about photography during my Etsy shop vacation. And I'm reading a lot about natural light photography and trying to get the right exposure and lighting when shooting in manual mode. Since it's soooo hot outside here I wanted to find a "studio" space in my house to practice! hehe. So today I test ran my first option...the dining room ;-) My nifty studio consists of a dining room chair draped with the blanket off my couch--- veeeery sophisticated.
Anyways, I posted a photo from today to get some critique on a photography board, but I thought I'd share some with you all today as well. I think this spot did work well for getting natural light, but I'm still perfecting the exposure and focus when in manual mode. I also caught a ton of "light in the eyes" which is a sought after thing in the photography world, but I'm not sure if maybe I got a little too much light in her eyes this time! I'll practice in a new spot tomorrow with baby Finn, since we're finally healthy enough to watch him again :-)
Enjoy these "studio" shots of Miss Raya!
 |
| This face reminds me of those sad animal shelter commercials where they play the mournful music and show you pictures of abandoned and neglected pets --- I swear this child is not neglected! ;-) |
 |
| The key to dealing with uncooperative toddlers is to pretend their defiant glances away from the camera are actually intentional poses! hehe |
 |
| I didn't get the focus quite right in this one....so of course that's the one where she's looking at me! |
 |
| This is the evil look when you know she's about to be a stinker! |
....and in case you're all thinking "this child is the most beautiful 3 year old on the planet" (which she is of course :-) , let me show you the smile that will prevent her from ever becoming a baby gap model:
 |
| You just gotta love this kid ;-) |
So which "studio dining room" pic is your favorite?!
And lastly, today I had another appointment to take 2 more bins of clothes into consignment (they only let you take 2 at a time) ...so I took one bin of maternity clothes (not sad to see those things go!!!!) and one bin of fall 0-6 month clothes. While there of course I had to do my sweep of the clearance racks, and I got some more good stuff....just have to share!
The key to shopping consignment is to not spend hours digging through racks and racks of stuff. I just do a quick glance through everything and play "I spy name brand!" hehe. I look for Gymboree and Gap mostly, but other fancy brands when they pop up too! I also only look in the s uper clearance section....I don't go to consignment to pay $5 haha. I shop the $1 racks!
Here are my goods from today:
 |
Watermelon tank and hoodie on top right were 50 cents each--$1 for the set! Look new, from gymboree.
Swimsuit is baby gap--Brielle didn't *need* one for next year, but the blue will look great with her eyes...and it's like new!
Icecream shirt is baby gap for Brielle next summer (the next size summer clothes we have is 3T, because Raya skipped 2T....and I know there's no way Brielle will be in 3T next summer so we actually do need some of that size :-)
Bottom left shorts are just Target, but look new.
And the yellow hoodie is quilted and so cute--for Raya. But there were no tags in it! My super slueth skills though felt the material and guessed it was Gymboree, so I took a chance---sure enough I looked it up and it IS Gymboree!
All items only $1 each :-) |
 |
Top two tanks are Gymboree for Brielle next summer---each $1
The cherry outfit is Gymboree, and brand new with tags! $1 for the whole outfit.
The pants are sooo cute---tan with white pinstripes! For Brielle, whenever she is tall enough for 18-14 m haha. Only $1! |
 |
White seahorse dress, like new, from Gymboree and only $1! For Brielle next summer.
Pink skirt is Pumpkin Patch brand, only $1, for Raya
The blue romper is baby gap, for Brielle next summer, and was $2 (I splurged :-) |
....and t he best part? I had only taken in a small "test" tote of clothes for my previous appt., but I already had a $10.77 credit there, so I got all this for about $4 out of pocket!!!
Yeah, sorry for boring you all, but this sort of stuff makes me so happy LOL.
Thanks for stopping by today!
My fav. is the 6th one down.
ReplyDeleteGreat finds today!
Thanks! I like that one too :-)
DeleteLove that first picture of raya.
ReplyDeleteWhat awesome finds and only having to pay $4.00 makes it that much better
Thanks! I know, I love shopping, but I get a total shoppers high when I score awesome deals like that ;-)
DeleteMy favorites are the 6th and 7th one. But they're all good!
ReplyDeleteI'm in a little bit of shock that you bought the cherry outfit! It is all so cute. I wish I could find a good consignment store like yours. My sister-in-law just brought a huge bin of 3T clothes that Gianna is now outgrown so it will be fun to go through all of that and see what we still need.
I know, I normally hate cherries but it was gymbo and $1 so I had to get it LOL.
DeleteThat's great you get stuff from Gianna! I actually have tons of 3T stuff for next summer that Raya wore, but Brielle is such a peanut she's causing me problems haha. Frankly I think she might still be in 24 month next summer, because 12-18 month stuff is still pretty big :-) Waiting for a growth spurt!
I think # 6& 7 are my favorite!!! Love all the great finds!!!!
ReplyDeleteLove,Grama F
I think I like #1 and #7 the best, but they're all good! I really need to figure out how to properly use my camera... I'm jealous that you've got this all figured out!
ReplyDelete