Other than that, today I had my much awaited doctor appt. for my rhuematoid arthritis. I don't know if I've mentioned here, but it's been REALLY bad the last few weeks. It's in my knees, and I can barely walk on my left knee, so I've got a really attractive old lady hobble going on right now. My left shoulder is so bad that I can't lift my left arm to get dressed or wash/dry my hair, and hooking a bra in the back? Almost impossible LOL. My right wrist has also suddenly acted up, making typing painful at times (but thankfully not too bad). So anyways, long story short, today I had xrays and lab and started some new and stronger meds, so hopefully I can get this under control in the next couple w eeks! Lee and I just booked our hotel for our upcoming anniversary trip in early August and I'd like to be able to walk ! :-)
Speaking of our anniversary trip, we ultimately decided to go back to St. Louis for our vacation---this time kid free! My parents will have the girls for 4 nights while Lee and I hit up a couple baseball games, shopping, sight seeing, museums, etc....we haven't planned it all out quite yet....but we're excited for baseball games without the kids :-P I can't wait!
In other news, last night I shot my camera in manual mode for the first time!!! It wasn't quite as hard as I expected, but I"m still definitely learning.
These pictures aren't amazing by any means, because it was a spur of the moment thing sitting in front of our house...but at least everything isn't dark and out of focus or overexposed, etc lol
I made Lee sit for me because I didn't want to chase kids all around while learning, so Lee got some "glamour shots" taken hehe. I now refer to them as his senior pictures ;-)
When I was editing the picture below, he had me try to clone in a full head of hair hahahaha...needless to say it didn't look natural so we abandoned that idea. I should have saved that picture to show you guys how funny it looked!
All of the sudden during his glamour shots Miss Raya popped into the frame--she wasn't in focus since I was intending to take a picture of Lee, but I kinda like how it turned out!
I did play around with manual photos of Raya too...it's hard when kids are moving all over to adjust your settings and think about what you want! Especially when said kid is trying to poke you with a stick ;-)
She also picked her nose for photos....awesome
Brielle was even a worse photo subject....I like to say that giving birth is easier than taking pictures of an 18 month old!
In Brielle's defense, she's sick now....so pictures were probably not a big priority
Tomorrow I have Sawyer and Harper....plus Brielle who's sick...plus Raya who's probably going to be tired after having stayed up for fireworks tonight....I'm thinking tomorrow is going to be called "F--- me Friday" haha ....and yes, I just swore! Well, sort of ;-)










Awe poor Brielle just ant catch a break on not being sick. Hope she sleeps better tonight. Yay for a kid free anniversary trip.
ReplyDeletePS shooting manual mode is a pain I think. I leave mine on portrait or auto
ReplyDeleteYeah, I would agree that I was pretty happy with auto too! I'm still toying with the idea of doing photography for pay down the road though, and I guess it's a huge no-no to charge and shoot in auto lol. I've been informed that any "monkey" can shoot a picture in auto and you can't call yourself a photographer if you do so haha. I'm certainly not that passionate about the topic, but have seen that you can do a lot more in manual so I'm going to try and learn! We'll see how it goes....
DeleteOh, and I should clarify that "monkey" was not meant in a derogatory way! I was really told that actual monkeys (the animal) can take good pictures when given a camera in auto LOL.
DeleteI need to play with manuel mode more too
DeletePoor Brielle! I hope she starts feeling better soon! And your photos in manual mode came out awesome...but then again all of your photos always look good!! =)
ReplyDeleteOhhh... I feel so bad for Brielle! I hope no one else gets it!
ReplyDeleteI hope you get feeling better too!
That's exciting that you guys have fun plans for your anniversary.
And, yes, you should have totally shared that pic. of Lee with a full head of hair! :)
I agree I want to see Lee with hair!!!! Love the pic of Raya and Lee together, she looks soooo much like daddy!!
ReplyDeletePoor Brielle, she just seems to get everything!!! Even with her sick yesterday she managed to try to throw some pretty cute tantrums!!! I just die laughing at how she plans and executes them!!!
Love,Grama F
Aww, poor Brielle! And I hope your new meds will work and you'll feel better soon.
ReplyDeleteOur anniversary is Sunday so my mom is going to come up Saturday night so we can go out to eat. I look forward to the days that we can go on vacations :)
Great pictures!
Yuck, S had HFM a few months ago! It actually wasn't that bad, the worst part was making sure she ate/drank enough. Poor little baby! She still looks super cute, though!
ReplyDelete