Anyways, I was really anxious to see how she'd do today...and she did great! All the kids and parents waited outside and then the teachers came and called the kids who were in their group. Raya went when her name was called, but she kept looking back at me saying "you coming too mama?" ....so she definitely seemed uncertain. Well we weren't allowed in, so I ran around to watch from outside (through the fence) with some other parents. I could tell Raya was looking for me and she seemed scared! I finally caught her eye through the fence and waved, and then she was fine!
The funniest part of the morning was at the beginning when the teachers told them all to take off their shoes and get in the water. All the other kids did it and Raya yelled over to me through the fence "MAMA! CAN I TAKE MY SHOES OFF?!" LOL....so I called back "yes!" and she said "Ok mama!" ;-)
Today's lesson was pretty simple. Lots of kicking in the water, "swimming" on their bellies, using noodles, etc. They stayed in the super shallow end that was only about a foot deep....just practicing familiarity with the water and following directions. Raya did everyting she was told to do and had a ton of fun. She never cried and she really didn't look for me at all after she got in the water.
When she was all done she ran to me and was so excited! She also told me she made a friend named Ava, which started a debate because I never noticed her talking to a particular kid and didn't hear the name Ava.....then my mom mentioned that *Sawyer* has a friend named Ava at his swimming lessons, which he talks about all the time. So we started thinking she was just trying to copy him! However when I showed her pics I took today she consistently pointed to the same little girl in every picture and told me that was Ava...so now I'm confused! I will definitely be listening for that little girl's name tomorrow LOL
I only had my mom's point and shoot and had to zoom way in over the fence so these are poor quality, but they'll do!
![]() |
| Raya is in pink, kicking away! She had two teen boy instructors, which I think she thought was pretty cool, because she doesn't get to hang out with young guys like that ever really haha. |
![]() |
| Pigtail girl to Raya's right is who she claims is Ava ;-) |
![]() |
| Raya has the yellow noodle. The girl she's facing cried the entire time haha. The pigtail girl behind Raya is "ava" again |
![]() |
| I talked to the mom of the girl in yellow for awhile....found out they will be in the exact same preschool class this fall. |
And now I just have random pics I haven't share yet...first off, my girls really play awesome together 95% of the time. Little angels ;-)
![]() |
| She is suddenly obsessed with this snowflake hat for some reason! |
But lately Brielle has learned some new words. She can now *very clearly* yell "no, no, no, no!!!!!!" and she can also yell "mine!" and "stop!" haha. So now rather than let Raya steal her toys, Brielle puts up a fight!
On Sunday Lee and I took the girls to the pool, so that Raya has the e xperience fresh in her mind before lessons today. Well Raya told me she wanted to wear a hat..."because it's sunny mommy!" ....so I said whatever, go grab one. Next thing I know I see this:
![]() |
| Seriously?! |
Raya gets quite upset that Brielle doesn't cooperate for pictures. She always tries to get Brielle to stand next to her, and that makes Brielle really mad and want to get away even more!
lastly, a couple pics from the county fair we went to on Saturday! I really wanted to see if Raya was brave enough to ride some rides solo (in the past she usually does the carousel and things I ride on with her) ....because in a couple weeks we are going with Grandma and Sawyer and Harper to Adventureland! (Basically like Six Flags, only smaller). Should be a lot of fun :-)
Raya did great riding rides...on this one she seemed like she might have been getting a little sick towards the end though haha. It went in circles for a long time!
![]() |
| Daddy and Raya! |
![]() |
| Daddy and Brielle! |
![]() |
| Raya (and Mama too!) ended up covered in powdered sugar from our funnel cake! It was oh so worth it though ;-) |

















Your weekend looked tons of fun!! I love those giant slides! And swim lessons sounded like a hit!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear she had a good time at swimming. We want to get kaylee into swimming lessons. That picture of raya in the hat with her bathing suit made me LOL!!!
ReplyDeleteSuper cute photos! Glad Raya had fun at swimming lessons! =) And the fair looks like fun too!!
ReplyDeleteAww... that is so cute that Raya turned around to ask you if it was okay to take her shoes off! What a sweetheart!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad the lessons went well. I can't wait to hear if there is a "real" Ava or not, haha.
ReplyDeleteRaya knows what's good...funnel cakes are the best! Her with that hat on and the swim suit cracks me up!
Love the pic of the girls reading their book together!!!!!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Grama F
I'm jealous of you guys... I love a good slide! (And I'm jealous of the funnel cake, too, but we'll pretend I didn't say that...)
ReplyDelete