|Our little monkey!|
* Brielle loves to tattle! That's one of her new favorite things. She tattles on the puppies, on Daddy, on Raya, and especially on Harper---even when Harper isn't here! hehe.
* Brielle is now talking up a storm. Today we were in town and even strangers could understand her when she was telling me about the shoes she saw haha....it was pretty cute when the random people nearby said "I understood that!" and Brielle was just chatting away.
* Brielle has surprised me lately with the "educational" stuff she knows! Frankly I haven't worked on this with her really at all yet. But she clearly has picked things up just from daily life. Last night she brought be a book and was point to shapes and clearly named "circle" "star" and "square". She can also tell you what sound a cow, horse, dog, and sheep says. And she can name even more animals, like fish, duck, kitty, etc. She also loves to count (although she tends to say 4 over and over again for most numbers lol). She can "sing" the abcs, and get the tune right. She doesn't say too many real letters past A, B, C though ;-) She can point to and name many body parts now too, including ear, eye, nose, mouth, feet, head, and butt.
* Brielle LOVES Dora...it's definitely her personal favorite. And she screams "SWIPER!" whenever she sees him and then says "swiper no swiping!" haha. She also screams "map!" and sings the backpack song.
*Brielle continues to be the queen of tantrum throwing. She throw so many more tantrums than Raya ever did. She is STUBBORN.
* She is very possessive right now and everything is "mine!". Last night she pushed past me huffing and puffing yelling "no, mine!" ...and I was confused because I hadn't even talked to her and no one was trying to take anything. Well she marched right into her room, grabbed her blanket, and pushed past me again--then gave me a dirty look and said "MY blanky!" and then marched down the hall again haha. I have no idea what prompted that, considering we all know it's her blankey and no one was trying to take it :-P Sometimes I like to mess with her for fun though---like today she was touching her neck and I said "no, MY neck!" and acted like I was taking her neck. And she argued with me for a good 5 minutes as we went back and forth and she'd yell "no, MY neck!" hehe
* She's such a funny kid and I can't believe she'll be 2 soon! I have had her birthday theme picked out for awhile now, but have in no way started planning her party. I saw a similiar idea on Pinterest and thought it was so cute---we're going to have a Terrible Two-Tu party :-) So there will be a fun tutu birthday outfit and probably lots of tulle decorations haha.
I'm not going to make her birthday *shirt* though, because I want to order something like this (and it's too much wording for me to do applique---I will just order from someone who does embroidery
Haven't decided on a color scheme quite yet, but we might do a divalicious terrible twos party and maybe do zebra print or something with it...kind of a wild child + terrible two-tu party :-)
Lastly today, some more random pics of the girls wearing their Old Navy animal hoodies today---it's cold here!
|Raya was "whoo whooing" like an owl :-P|
Hope everyone has a great weekend! It's off to dance class for us now---later! :-)