Tuesday, February 1, 2011

3 weeks old

My little peanut is already 3 weeks old...I can't believe it!


Instead of writing a 3 week blog update I found a poem that I'll let speak for itself :-)


Lost Some Memory
I think I've lost some memory
since my baby was born
I don't remember sleeping late
on a lazy Sunday morn
I don't remember quiet dinners
with candlelight and wine.
Or getting up and ready for work
and making it there on time.
I don't remember summer days
just lounging on the beach
And those memories of "girls' night out"
are somehow out of reach.
I don't remember long warm baths
with bubbles and a good book
Or my favorite TV program
or a movie worth a look.
I can't remember all those things
I spent time on yesterday
And I can't remember life
being any other way.
And as I lay her down at night
and kiss this little girl
I can't remember so much happiness,
such love and joy in my world.
(c) 1997 Juli All Rights Reserved


It's definitely been a busy (and at times challenging!) 3 weeks, but I've enjoyed every minute of it! I waited a loooong 39 weeks and 4 days to meet this little bundle, and she truly has been a joy to our family since she's arrived. Personally for me having a 2nd baby has made our little family seem like even more of a family...2 parents, 2 adorable kids, 2 puppies, and a mini van--the "perfect" family by anyone's standards, is it not? :-P

Looking forward to many more weeks with  this baby girl!


...she's been a sleepy little thing today...not much variety in our pictures lol

To end, here is Miss Raya this morning--lookin' a hot mess and loving every minute of it!


And now I *should* be getting back to housework, but this  poem pretty much sums up how I feel  about THAT! :-)

What Did I Do Today

Author - Unknown

Today I left some dishes dirty,
The bed got made around 3:30.
The diapers soaked a little longer,
The odor grew a little stronger.
The crumbs I spilled the day before
Are staring at me from the floor.
The fingerprints there on the wall
Will likely be there still next fall.
The dirty streaks on those windowpanes
Will still be there next time it rains.
Shame on you, you sit and say,
Just what did you do today?

I held a baby till she slept,
I held a toddler while she wept.
I played a game of hide and seek,
I squeezed a toy so it would squeak.
I pulled a wagon, sang a song,
Taught a child right from wrong.
What did I do this whole day through?
Not much that shows, I guess that's true.
Unless you think that what I've done,
Might be important to someone
With deep brown eyes and soft brown hair,
If that is true... I've done my share.

Now off to do some more cuddling! This stay-at-home-mom stuff may not be for everyone, but  it's certainly for me! :-) I'm a lucky, lucky girl it's true...

1 comment:

  1. I love both those poems!! How very true!!! I speak from experience, those days and years go way to fast, and you never get a second chance to do it over!!! So enjoy while you can!
    Love,
    Grama F

    ReplyDelete

I love comments--please say "Hi!" :-)