Monday, January 31, 2011

Little Scavenger

Today I was on the phone with Lee, and after getting off the phone I realized it had been way too long since  I'd seen and heard Miss Raya Marie. Upon finding her I saw this:

"What Mama? Just go back to whatever you were doing...I'm being  good!"
Apparently Daddy didn't put away his box of Triscuits last night after his snack. Miss Raya (surprise surprise) had sniffed out this delectable little treat and decided to help herself!

"Yum!"

At about this point Miss Raya sensed that I was going to take away her big find, so she hightailed it to the nearest hiding place!


Much to Raya's dismay she couldn't quite fit behind the pack and play LOL

...so she had to try and shove as many Triscuits in her face as humanly possible, before I pryed the bag out of her tight little grip :-P



"Just one more Mama!"


This child is lucky she's so cute....It's impossible to get mad at her! :-P

In Brielle news, I feel like  overnight she gained 5 lbs! When we got up this morning she just seemed so much bigger to me....she's got to be over 7lbs by now I'm sure. I decided to try on some of her 3 month outfits and sure enough, the smaller 3 month ones are starting to fit! Yay for more clothing options haha. The newborn stuff is definitely still her correct size, but she can wear a couple 3 month things without looking absolutely ridiculous, so we're making some progress :-)

Can you notice the chub?


She's even getting a little double chin hehe. I was so excited to get  her in this outfit...it's just my style ;-)


Seriously, don't you just want to kiss those little cheeks?!


She just  gets cuter and cuter every day....following in big sister's footsteps!


Speaking of big sister, she was dying to hold Brielle (as usual) this morning...Brielle wasn't feeling it though!


I think Raya was trying to find the "mute" button :-P


As you can see in the 2 pictures  above, Miss Raya was being a little s tinker about leaving in her hair pretty today, so we decided to do pigtails instead.

I don't think she was necessarily  thrilled with the pigtails, but  she was thrilled with the fruit loops Mama bribed her  with!!!


Although I don't  believe  in "bribing"....I believe  in "providing edible tokens to gently encourage desirable behavior" :-)


...and I'm not ashamed, b/c I "gently encouraged" Miss  Raya to allow for this  super cute  hairstyle!


...now to try for t he 100,000th time to put Brielle down so that I can do some chores around the house! She still is a very  easy baby, but today she has not agreed to being put down at all! It's definitely better than Miss Raya, who as a baby required  that I not  only hold her, but continuously bounce her, walk with her, fuss with her, etc...while Brielle is simply content to sit on the couch being held. But when I have laundry to do and such that becomes a problem! She does like being worn in my wrap, but that is a little akward to wear when carrying laundry, etc. Good thing blogging is still easy  to do one-handed! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Raya and her love for food!!! I do think Brielle is finally filling out, yeah! I love a chubby baby!!
    Love,
    Grama F

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the little stripey sweater suit, and raya's pig tails.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments--please say "Hi!" :-)