Wednesday, September 14, 2011

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, adieu

I didn't cry, but I may have gotten a little teary eyed as I took the girls' final pictures in front of our first home today.


Can you spot the girls in this photo? :-)


Come October 7th I will be taking their picture on the front steps of the new house too...yay! I plan to do a photo display of some kind in the new house.

Raya is really going to miss this place. She doesn't really understand that she's never going back. Here she is giving "Ray Ray's house" hugs and kisses goodbye.



I think Brielle will handle the transition OK :-P




I may have bribed Raya with a sucker to take these pictures LOL




I didn't need to bribe Brielle--she was happy with the super cool rocks she found (I found one clasped in her sticky little fist once we got inside!)




Then before we left this afternoon I also had to get some pictures of her in her room---with the trees her Daddy and I painted when I was pregnant with her. Ahhh, the memories :-) I'm glad the new owners love the trees and are keeping them. They specifically told us not to paint over them because they love them so much.



Giving goodbye hugs


So tonight we are all tucked in at Grandma and Grandpa's starting our 3.5 week stay here before closing on the new house. Lee is staying at the old house through Friday to supervise the movers. This weekend is my niece Harper's 1st birthday party so we made it back just in time, and tomorrow my mom babysit's Harper and Sawyer so we should have a great time as we settle in here! Maybe coming up I'll have to take you all on a photo tour of our temporary pad here ;-)

In the words of Raya, "Bye Ray-Ray's house! See you later, I love you!" 

5 comments:

  1. So excited for you to be moving into such a great house. I think bribing with suckers is perfectly acceptable :)

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww I bet its sad, but we'll be able to make lots of new memeories in your new house. Bribery is always acceptable when your trying to take pictures of your toddler.

    I'm sure you'll have a great time at your parents house.


    Joeylee

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is soooo sad watching Raya, she does love her house and everything in it!!! I'm sure she will love her new place even more once you guys get settled! It will be so great having all my family close , it is just what I have always wanted!!
    Love,
    Grama F

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an exciting time in life!! and I love that tree!!!! so much, You should come paint one on my wall! did you paint it all by yourself free hand?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! Yeah, my husband drew it all freehand and then I painted it in :-)

    Good luck with your house buying adventure!!! I like the new blog--I read it but can't comment because for some reason my account only lets me comment if the blog has an "annonymous" option.

    Shawna

    ReplyDelete

I love comments--please say "Hi!" :-)